SA-23E Mitchell-Hyundyne Starfury

spacewolf

Going over my ref and the wonderful info Lee provided I noticed that I'd missed something... the gap between the wing tanks on the lower wing should NOT be open !!

durOy5C.jpg

Both in the show and on the rendered model this area was closed....

0I522UT.jpg

Soooo... cutting a funky shape from sheet was fun....

qHVEs6B.jpg

Getting it to the right shape and fit was not fun... but finally it came out right..

BVXdd2Z.jpg

Thinking I was home free I was all set to start plating the VEN... but being more careful I started looking closer before I jumped in... and well I did... we have issues ! The drawings and rendered model are at odds with what was on the screen.... in chats with Lee he said the model itself was well detailed, but the computers were so low res that what we saw on the screen lost so much of the detail it was like a different ship.

Case in point.. the render, the drawings and the Revell model (they got something right with this !!) show these grooves in the VEN..

rsEAZ8T.jpg

But on screen the grooves are missing as in the upper right quadrant of the above pic.

OZHouhu.jpg

As seen in the show...

gnRbTV7.jpg

Indeed... in this shot it looks like mounting support flanges much like those of the ion vein supports..

gnRbTV7.jpg

So... after thinking it over I decided to go with what was seen on screen...

q0xK6UJ.jpg

klDHULF.jpg

The engine basically complete..

NDPyhp4.jpg

UDzdgEv.jpg

and fitted to the wing...

jBahiVi.jpg

znIehHS.jpg

I'm thinking I'm happy with it.... now that I've figured out all the problems, hopefully the next 3 engines will go smoother and faster.