I've got Ki-61 Fever! Foiling Begins 24/2/18

Gazzas

Kanji has no meaning, it is just a reference to the writing style.

Kanji (漢字[kandÊ‘i] 11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png listen) are the adopted logographic Chinese characters that are used in the Japanese writing system.[1] They are used alongside hiragana and katakana. The Japanese term kanji for the Chinese characters literally means "Han characters".[2] It is written with the same term and characters in the Chinese language to refer to the character writing system, hanzi (漢字).[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanji

I'm painting mine ATM.... Nice work on the foil

Thank you!  Looking forward to seeing yours.

Serious question. What kind of foil do you use? This intrigues me as I have never ever attempted this.

The cheapest, thinnest stuff you can get.  Discount store stuff.  Some people even use the stuff that is in old-fashioned candy bar packages.

Kanji has no meaning, it is just a reference to the writing style.

Kanji (漢字[kandÊ‘i] 11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png listen) are the adopted logographic Chinese characters that are used in the Japanese writing system.[1] They are used alongside hiragana and katakana. The Japanese term kanji for the Chinese characters literally means "Han characters".[2] It is written with the same term and characters in the Chinese language to refer to the character writing system, hanzi (漢字).[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanji

OK.  You've exposed my lack of knowledge about the Japanese language.

Gaz

Looks good so far. For any compound/convex or otherwise difficult surfaces I might humbly suggest ditching the cheap stuff and getting the thickest strongest foil you can get. The better/thicker foil will actlually stretch a bit and conform around corners significantly better than the cheap stuff.

The thicker foil also makes foiling spinners and drop tanks MUCH easier too.

Hi Gaz,

I think that is the Kanji symbol for the number ten (I'm no expert though). 

Beautiful work!

Rockie

Rockie,

Thank you for that!

Very cool. I've heard the kit itself is quite wonderful. You guys that foil, amaze me, as I certainly don't have the patience for it.

Thank you.  Foiling is like cooking a new recipe.  First time takes a lot of effort and retries.  Second time, a bit of memory kicks in and it goes easier.  Third time, easier as your hands have muscle memory and the steps are now locked into your brain...here you are ready to begin a bit of experimentation. 

Looks good so far. For any compound/convex or otherwise difficult surfaces I might humbly suggest ditching the cheap stuff and getting the thickest strongest foil you can get. The better/thicker foil will actlually stretch a bit and conform around corners significantly better than the cheap stuff.

The thicker foil also makes foiling spinners and drop tanks MUCH easier too.

Thank you!  And thank you for the tip.  I hadn't really considered it until your reply.

Gaz