Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E/F Tiger II / Special Interest Group (SIG) !

SharkOwl

The last time that I talked to Bob S over at Twobobs, I mentioned the forthcoming Kittyhawk F-5E/F kits to him, and how he would be in a prime spot to quickly put out some outstanding adversary and aggressor for it. He seemed interested, so we'll see what happens. Now might be a good time to contact him if you have any interest. I am SO looking forward to this kit! Let hope that we're not disappointed. Fred K.

I just hope if Tan does do it he'll quit doing the row of divots along the edge of every panel. Totally ruined his otherwise pretty decent RF-4F kit. The real one is smooth as can be.

.....I have yet to see the first ever 1/32 scale kit produced by "Tan-models" to appear anywhere..........it won't be worth my time waiting for it.....

Edited by Jack

.....I have yet to see the first ever 1/32 scale kit produced by "Tan-models" to appear anywhere..........it won't be worth my time waiting for it.....

How can you be you so sure? Do you have any inside info we don't know of?

My best bet is that Tan Models will never release a 1/32 F-5A/B/C/D & T-38 Family of kits.

They announce it for now more than 5 years !

The most logical option for a future 1/32 F-5A/B/C/D & T-38 Family of kits is in my mind Kinetic !

But for 2018 we will have a 1/32 F-5E Tiger II / RF-5E TigerEye / F-5F TwinTiger Family from Kitty Hawk !!!

B)

SharkOwl

Edited by SharkOwl

I hate when companies announce kits they do not release. This locks the market forever and finally prevents the release of interesting topics for ages. Similarly, I do not like when they finally release a kit for which the sprue organization clearly shows the intention to release further versions they finally do not market. This has simply the same result: locking the market!

Two bobs already released such sets...years ago!

If so, they are no longer available. But I do not remember Two Bobs having produce 1/32 Scale Decals for the F-5E Tiger II, but they have done a superb job for this subject on 1/48 Scale.

Here is the Two Bobs current very high quality 1/32 offer : http://www.twobobs.net/contents/en-us/d7.html

B)

SharkOwl

Edited by SharkOwl

They're all Navy.

I'd like USAF DACT schemes from the 1970s-1980s, and maybe TAC more than PACAF or USAFE 'cos of the extra insignia and yellow/black Nellis chequers on the tailfin. I remember Microscale did these way back when the Hasegawa F-5E was a hot new item, but the artwork was exemplary and I'd very happily buy a Superscale reprint.

Tony

If my reseach is correct, the Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E Tiger II Box Art is depicting a : Northrop F-5E Tiger II USAF of the 58 TFTW, Luke AFB AZ cira.1979.

Am I right ?

;)

SharkOwl

Sounds about right. People love that two tone green & tan over light grey but I'm a picky little blighter looking for the silver or multitone blue finishes.

Looking forward to this kt very much

Tony