Tanmodel of Turkey, 1/32 programme

Tony T

Looks like the 1/32nd scale Tanmodel prognosis is extremely good...

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234967245-tanmodel-172-148-132-projects/page-2

2°/ - 1/32 - NORTHROP F-5A - NF-5A - CF-116 & RECCE VERSIONS - #3301

3°/ - 1/32 - NORTHROP F-5B - NF-5B - CF-116D - #3302

4°/ - 1/32 - NORTHROP T-38A - T-38M "ARI" - #3303

5°/ - 1/32 - MC DONNELL DOUGLAS F-4E - RF-4E - RF-4E "ETM" - F-4E 2020 - F-4E KURNASS - F-4EJ - RF-4EJ - F-4F - #3304

7°/ - 1/32 - GENERAL DYNAMICS F-111B - F-111C - F-111E - F-111F - #3305

The news of a new Recce Rhino and Aardvark is particularly heartwarming. I find the F-111B an unusual choice, but it does look groovy with six AIM-54 missiles and the Phoenix emblem on the fin. I'd be up for a B, E and F.

I'm guessing that's a 4-5 year programme (and omits their 1/72 & 1/48 concepts)

Tony

http://www.tanmodel.com

They've released the 1/72 Hurkus and are currently working on a 1/72 Buccaneer (and I thought a 1/48 RF-84 but they may have sold the CAD drawings ?)

If they do a half-decent 1/32 RF-4E and F-111E they are getting my money.

Should be accurate as they have been granted permission to use LIDAR to scan the jets. F-111 is obviously not local but big in Turkey because of numerous USAFE WTDs to Incirlik from EGUL/EGUA in the 1970s-1990s + of course Op Proven Force.

The curiosity is giving the F-111 B, C, E & F options. If that's in one box, it means translating cowl and Triple Plow intake options + standard and extended wings which would make a Vietnam A possible. Any way, it's a few years down the road.

Tony

Edited by Tony T

the Turk Air Force just turned 2 RF-4E's into smoking holes with all 4 crew dead. bad day for Phantoms................

Yes, very sad. Appears to be either a mid-air or CFIT in heavy fog.

Tony

have they ever released a kit i can look at?

the 1/32 F-111 sounds very interesting indeed..........

To be honest Glen I'd only get really pumped about an F111 in 1/32 if you'd announced it!!

The other guys are almost totally unknown and haven't delivered very much have they.

Really excited about the Sabre Dog coming now, the OV-10 was a delight to look at and the next one I'm pumped up for is the F11-F Tiger, so keep 'em coming!!!      :wub: