Trumpeter 1/24 Messerschmitt BF109G-6 late

Sparzanza

Good to hear you're on it again and got the rubber color solved.

Proceeding very nicely Sparzanza!

HÃ¥kan

Thanks, but to be fair .. from now on Boris should have half the credit of all the work I put into this Gustav. If it wasn't for him, this kit would've been banished into a box in a corner, far far away... :) The acrylic paint he sent worked an absolute treat.

Soon you'll have the fuselage together and it will be all full ahead.  Great to see you pressing on.

Dan

I can only hope it lets me go that far! :D Praise the Boris for helping me to press on to begin with! Here's some more pictures taken .. well not long ago. It's 7:21 AM here and I haven't gone to bed yet. Maybe I ought to .. anyway, pics:

Drybrushed some Humbrol 53 (gun metallic) onto the machineguns...

DSC00260_zps486e72e3.jpg

Did the same on the engine bearers ...

DSC00261_zpsb4186d0d.jpg

And started sanding away those annoying ejector pin marks inside the air intake. They're at the worst possible places! Almost as bad as Airfix.

Anyway, I don't expect the pin marks to be very noticable once everything's assembled and painted, but better safe than sorry .. right?

DSC00262_zps7103ce5b.jpg

Edited by Sparzanza

Guest Peterpools

Sparz

Sure id look good. Totally agree ... get some sleep ... tje 109 will be there later in the day. I'm willing to bet that there is a special department whose only function is to figure out where the worst places are for injector pin marks and then orders them to be installed, regardless of cost

Keep 'em, coming

Peter

Yeah, Boris told me about sending you acrylic paints to sort the rubber thing out. Always good to have someone that can come with good advice.

He has been of great help to me too.

Sometimes it seems they put no thought at all when placing ejector pins, having marks on cockpit floor, wheel bays ans other visible areas, and sometimes they seem to have put a lot of thought into it, except for a few places.

HÃ¥kan

Thank you gentlemen!

Small updates while waiting for engine touchups to dry .. more injector/ejector/whatever marks to fill/sand away. Woo. At least the firewall got a wash, and the air intake was glued and sanded seamless, and also rescribed the small recess at the front of it. Happy days.

DSC00263_zps26b01b61.jpg

DSC00264_zps94b544fe.jpg

DSC00265_zps9b00c2d6.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Sparz

Nice progress and what patience ... cleaning up what seems to be an endless stream of injector pin marks

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Here's a few more pictures before joining engine & cockpit and slap the fuselage together. :) They're both more or less done. The engine bearers just needs some satin varnish really. I drybrushed some Humbrol 98 on the cables painted bronze (Humbrol 12) to tone down its sparklyness as well. I also added gloss varnish (Humbrol 35) to various knobs and buttons around the cockpit. It may be not be 100% accurate, but it makes sense to me.

DSC00266_zps2c8d3feb.jpg

DSC00267_zpsd9bcdc9e.jpg

DSC00268_zps90ab96af.jpg

DSC00269_zpsb2ab4583.jpg

DSC00270_zpsf24bbf4a.jpg

DSC00271_zpsc102b5d4.jpg

DSC00272_zps8b24f9df.jpg

DSC00273_zps9aefae2e.jpg

DSC00274_zpsb8ee4ae2.jpg

DSC00275_zps8b2b47e6.jpg

Edited by Sparzanza

Thank you, Peter & Boris! :)

Here's some more pictures. Sooo close to smacking the fuselage halves together now, just one more coat of satin varnish! I also gave the inside of the cowlings some satin. Strangely though, when putting more satin on the engine, a flake of black paint on top just.. came off. Maybe I painted it too thinly. Oh well, nothing a lick of paint won't sort out.

DSC00276_zpse6ef4747.jpg

DSC00277_zps2accc90a.jpg

DSC00278_zps5c69f714.jpg