VTOL for two

Glenn R

Hi All,

Here's the second of my Harrier conversions, a two seater. This is once again, converted from the old Revell 1/32 Harrier kit.

I found this a much easier conversion than the P1127 although it may look more radical. The colour scheme is of the Hawker/ Siddley demonstrator, G-VTOL, which was very short lived as the aircraft had an accident a couple of weeks later. It was repaired, but was repainted in a desert sand scheme. I personally prefer the original, how about you?

PICT0476.jpg

PICT0477.jpg

PICT0479.jpg

Here are the P1127 and G-VTOL together for comparison.

PICT0481.jpg

Regards,

Glenn

• 1 year later...

Glad "avro683" only found this thread after a year, because i was "desperately" looking for this thread on the two-seater Harrier, and couldn't find it.

Thanks, it really looks good.

What conversion did you use for the two-seater Glenn?

HTH

Jack.

Glad "avro683" only found this thread after a year, because i was "desperately" looking for this thread on the two-seater Harrier, and couldn't find it.

Thanks, it really looks good.

What conversion did you use for the two-seater Glenn?

HTH

Jack.

Hi,

The conversion is scratchbuilt, the masters being carved from balsa wood and then vac-formed.

Regards,

Glenn.

ok, that's impressive, i was planning to do this conversion with a vacform kit i have laying around, thinks it's an ID conversionkit, but i'm not sure.

What documentation did you use to build up the cockpit interior?

J;O)

ok, that's impressive, i was planning to do this conversion with a vacform kit i have laying around, thinks it's an ID conversionkit, but i'm not sure.

What documentation did you use to build up the cockpit interior?

J;O)

Hi,

My cockpit references came from various magazine cuttings I have accumulated over the years. Try 'Harrier' by F.K. Mason for references on the two-seat conversion, nose extension, etc.

Regards,

Glenn.

• 2 weeks later...