Supermarine Spitfire F Mk.22 | Revell ex Matchbox 1:32

Kendzior

Hi All

My Ki-43s stalled for a moment - just not enough time for hobby, especially airbrushing in the interior (I need at least 2-3 peaceful hours for each session, but it is hard to find even one), therefore I'm slowly progressing other projects, which do not require any airbrush work. Hope will be able to come back to this next week.

So, in the meantime, I decided to restart Revell's Spitfire Mk. 22, which I started around a year ago, but gave up temporarily due to its poor fit and lack of detail - and the most important, lack of idea, how to paint it. This time it is most of all an exercise in riveting (using RB tool and must say it is fun) - doing this for the very first time, so didn't want to spoil any better or more expensive kit...

Anyway, going to add here some more details from the scratch: upgrade wheel wells and gear covers, add formation lights - this is really a vintage kit and it shows. In the end I hope to get a result, which will look nice in the second row on my shelf in Southern Rhodesian markings.

That's how it looks like now: filed almost smooth, riveted, with some new panel lines (and some more to be scribed on), new position lights, drilled out exhaust stacks, upgraded cockpit....

Feel free to comment and stay tuned.

3HHruu.jpg

i3roM9.jpg

UhEqEj.jpg

UXhuDN.jpg

hGR041.jpg

6bubHl.jpg

sczPGv.jpg

T8cSKG.jpg

Best regards

Hubert

Thanks, Gents.

This kit is a challenge, something really close to older short-run standards, so lot of patience required.

The worst thing is that most of the panel lines out of box are SF, but correcting all these faults is not my plan - it is just intended to look fine from 1 meter distance, it will be ... 32 meters in reality :D..., that's all. 

Yesterday the postman delivered new templates from Hasegawa, so I have just started to scribe missing circles and oblongs. Update soon, so stay tuned :)

Best regards

Hubert

I agree with Lothar! Beautiful impressive work! You've made it look like a new state-of-the-art kit. My next project is to convert this kit to a Seafire 47, and you have given me lots of ideas and inspiration.

I will definitely be following your work here.

Richard

I agree with Lothar! Beautiful impressive work! You've made it look like a new state-of-the-art kit. My next project is to convert this kit to a Seafire 47, and you have given me lots of ideas and inspiration.

I will definitely be following your work here.

Richard

Oh yes, I'm thinking about Seafire 47 too, but I'd rather go with Tamiya's kit.

Look here: http://www.geocities.jp/yoyuso/spit47/spit47e-3.html

Thanks for your nice comments!

Best regards

Hubert

Hi, Mates,

Yesterday I managed to scribe some circles and oblongs.

Viewed up close you can see that it is not perfect, but do not demand much :D

Started also to drill holes for fasteners of the engine and oil tank covers. The idea is to insert into these holes flat slices made of plastic rod (0,8 mm), so that it will not be just a hole or protruding "pimple" (as proposed by Revell/Matchbox), but something more or less similar to actual fasteners. Will see.

8BqGSn.jpg

ivlRNm.jpg

u5HyDw.jpg

6YqpuM.jpg

WExQuZ.jpg

sEze3C.jpg

CLY32E.jpg

asQLDj.jpg

Best regards

Hubert

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, All

Thanks for your nice comments :)

Having came back from my short winter holidays, yesterday I begun to add details in the wheel wells - just to avoid empty holes effect. Of course, this is not the end.

I'm fully aware, that this will never look perfect (I glued the wings' halves together too early), but hope it will anyway be better, than out of box.

3jK6i5.jpg

Best regards

Hubert