Revell 1/28 SPAD XIII C. I

Mike: Thank's for the tips...for the S.P.A.D. XIII...I will complete this a/c with some newer methods...as noted in an earlier post, I started this particular kit in 1968...and most of the parts have been prepainted..so I hope to preserve as much of the original build as possible (sucker for nostalgia..eh?)....as I've done some some research on this a/c I'm impressed with how significant this technology was in 1917/18...and the model looks 'way cool' as they say... :lol: ... We even called the Skyraider a SPAD uring the Vietman war.

So, I hope to get cracking on this long over due completion so that it will be done by the end og the G.B.

Thank's for your interest.

Cheers,

ggc

I think you can..... I think you can..... I think you can..... I think you can..... I think you can.....

I think you can..... I think you can..... I think you can..... I think you can..... I think you can.....

:P

Another entry in this GB. I started this model in the spring of 1969. The Revell 1/28 SPAD was originally issued as kit H-256 in 1957. At that time it had decals for Capt. Eddie Rickenbacker's A/C. It may have been the very first in this series of 1/28 WWI a/c models.

My kit was a later re-issue featuring Lt. Frank Luke's a/c. Frank Luke being remembered as the "balloon buster" of the A.E.F. Lt. Luke was killed in combat in 1918.

It is amazing that all of the parts have survived until now. I was building this kit while stationed in Pensacola Fla. attending USN communications school prior to being stationed overseas for the next three years...so I think that completing this model some 38 years later would be a good thing...at this point an OOB build seems appropriate...

Attached is a pick of the parts and assembly to date...

Cheers,

ggc

PB240061cropped.jpg

I must have built this kit at least five times in my youth! I love it....build it.