BEARCAT FRANCHISE (Trumpeter F8F1+ Berna Decals)

Guest Martinnfb

LOL, Thanks for the support Paul. I have been having a rough patch today. Staying home with my daughter and she is not a happy camper. She missed her nap, now she is throwing temper tantrums , yelling like a nut case.No boob and no TV, that's daddy's way. Problem is the noise of disagreement. For not even a 1.5 year old, quite impressive.

Regarding the cat, as much as I'm digging in, i am realizing the how incorrect is the kit. Somehow, it is much easier to give up and go with it, but at this point I would like to fix it or hide it. Well, Sofia is getting tired, perhaps she's running out of juice............nope.....just catching a new breath. Neighbors must think that I've been killing her for last 3 hour.

New dad

Martin

Thanks God!

nap002_zpsad384e73.jpg

My apologies for snotty attitude guys. It was quite a ride.

Let me explain what is happening with Le Chat.  The rivets I was trying to fill popped out like a mysterious teenage rash. So once again I had to go over with Mr.Dissolved putty. In the meanwhile I had to re scribe lower part of the wing and add some inspection covers and ammo loading doors/panels. Also the inner cowl ring received  some TLC in form of inner structure. I'm slowly moving towards the gear bay. That's gonna be an interesting one. I am deciding whether to ditch the original and scratch a completely new bay or modify the kit parts somehow. We shall see.

Stay tuned brothers and sister.

In Martin we trust :) :punk:

Edited by Martinnfb

1 and One half to about 3 are the worst Martin. I don't know how but some how my son slept through a lot of the worst of it. He had his moments, but compared to what people told me to expect, I am/was blessed. Now I just have to get him through 13-18 and all will be well. As far as mystery rivets, I have been using small dabs of high build auto motive primer  shot into a dixie cup and left to sit for a few minutes. It's a lot like Mr Surfacer/disolved putty in some ways, but it seems to stick into Trumpeters plastic better. AND its cheap a big can will last you a few models or more. It also sands glass smooth without pulling out of the  "holes" 

Wishing you the best on all fronts, 

Paul 

Edited by av8shunmodels

Thanks Paul, the automotive primer (red oxide) I use to use as well, but not in this case, my bad. I also noticed those  fairings between the fuselage and the wing root, so off hey go :). ( The  control flaps were damaged in the process , so i  would have to make a set of new once.) Bear with me my friends.

M.f8f-2p_bearcat_11_of_19.jpgbear_zpsb49aa264.jpg

LOL, Thanks for the support Paul. I have been having a rough patch today. Staying home with my daughter and she is not a happy camper. She missed her nap, now she is throwing temper tantrums , yelling like a nut case.No boob and no TV, that's daddy's way. Problem is the noise of disagreement. For not even a 1.5 year old, quite impressive.

Regarding the cat, as much as I'm digging in, i am realizing the how incorrect is the kit. Somehow, it is much easier to give up and go with it, but at this point I would like to fix it or hide it. Well, Sofia is getting tired, perhaps she's running out of juice............nope.....just catching a new breath. Neighbors must think that I've been killing her for last 3 hour.

New dad

Martin

Beautiful Child Martin!!!

Clue: 100% Fruit Juice Popsicle s  and let them bang on Pots and Pans always works....LOL

Sometimes the simplest things they like even better than their toys  :rofl:

17367195-an-adorable-young-boy-using-woo

Ps: I raised 3 Daughters and 1 Son on my own!  :doh:  They turned out to be wonderful people.

All the best to you and that Beautiful baby!!

Now back to the regular scheduled program, Good luck with your build it will be great!!  :thumbsup:

Teresa  :D

Thank You Teresa, a good advice is priceless. Sofia likes plastic food containers. But only in  Wolf's kitchen :). I mean our Wolf Budee.

I am working on weapons, gun shoot outs and bomb pylons.

Talking about the weaponary, can anybody identify this tank and possibly provide me with a detail picture of the fusing device? Cheers

M

679436Attaque_au_napalm.jpg

Do not discourage Martin, she is very cute and at 1,5 year old, you are in the home stretch ... hopefully :)

Got 2 daughters of my own (4 and 7 years old) so I know how it feels  !

As far as the kit is concerned, what I do when I get the same feeling is to do something different for a while (go running, play tennis, Watch a movie, etc....). Anything that could distract me fo a couple of hours and then , when I get back to the bench, it all looks easier ...  it works for me at least  ;)

You are doing a great job so keep it up !

Thank You Teresa, a good advice is priceless. Sofia likes plastic food containers. But only in  Wolf's kitchen :). I mean our Wolf Budee.

I am working on weapons, gun shoot outs and bomb pylons.

Talking about the weaponary, can anybody identify this tank and possibly provide me with a detail picture of the fusing device? Cheers

M

679436Attaque_au_napalm.jpg

Martin, it looks to me like an  un finned Napalm can. They usually tumble like that and the picture may have caught it as its been dropped or as its flipping back over ( though I think its the former) 

blu-1b.jpg

It's probably a BLU 1 A or B

Paul 

Thanks for the heads up Paul. I am deciding what to hang under Le Chat. Still looking for some unusual setup, WE SHALL SEE. :)

Thank You for the kind word and support Loic, your own work is a big motivation for me, just so you know. I like the way you can approach problems and over pass it with a skill and basic techniques with out the need of aftermarket silliness.

So we all know that the gear bay on the kit, well how to say it politely,,,, simply ..the gear bay sucks. And there is no way that I can put on my shelf anything so silly looking . Seriously it is really a shame to  pop out a Mickey mouse and expect applause.

As a result I could not help myself and started cutting and cutting and, yes more cutting.

The plan is to recreate this :)

Thanks for stopping by , my Friends.

Grumman_F8F_Bearcat_NL700A_USN_Palm_SpriGrumman_F8F_Bearcat_NL700A_USN_Palm_Spri

I was able to increase the depth of the gear bay by 1/4 inch , that must be at least 55 meters in real life, or else :mental: :party0023:

bear_zps0bb55f32.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Well Martin, At least when you get done with it it will be right... you do know that Aries supposedly makes the wheel wells for this beastie right? I have never seen them and yours will probably look better anyway!

All the best,

Paul 

Midget-A-Team-Best-Demotivational-Poster

• 10 months later...