AIMS 1/32 Bf 110 F and G group build

Pastor John

Hi Everyone,

Ok so in the next few weeks the first 82 Bf 110 customers 'should'  :frantic:  have their collective 100 AIMS conversion sets (conversion not upgrade Andy ok haha) and as it has been suggested why not have a group build? Well I have never taken part in a group build in my life so a nice way to start with something I created myself. As the donor kit is expensive making the whole deal expensive this is not something to be rushed and so I think the end of the build needs to be one year from now. I am also wondering if it is possible on LSP to have a winner? I would obviously not be allegeable. I would like to offer a prize to the model that is voted/scored the highest - the only proviso being there are at least 5 finished models to pick from. If a vote/ score is not something that can be arranged no problems we just have a normal group build. I will be making Bf 110 G-2 2N+EN with the gun pack and rockets - why because I can't decide what G-4 to do haha. 

Edited by Pastor John

Im 100% in for this.

After getting the VDM books I've found SO many interesting G4's to chose from its over whelming!

Where is the best place on line to go to see the most variety of G-4 profiles do you think?

I'm scrimping my pennies ATM so new books aren't on the table at the moment

To be honest, accurate online profiles are hard to come by.

The best variety I've been able to find are in print.

New G4 ones to me from the VDM books, all over RLM76 (including props! and exhaust flame dampers), Standard Green splinter scheme top and 76 bottom and a drool worthy all black one!

John, we'll have to discuss this idea at staff level and see if we think it's viable. We generally try to avoid any competitive elements in our group builds, just so they remain fun, so declaring winners and so forth would be outside our usual practice. If we can get a solid core of members who are willing and able to build their conversions over the course of such a GB, then it might be viable; but I think we'd need to be convinced of that before committing to the idea.

Kev

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got mine when I arrived back from vacation 2 weeks ago. I guess I'm in.

But Pastor John should start a detailed step-by-step build thread so that we can all follow behind. Make it a true 'group' build =8-).