FSD #1 HORNET.......on hold UFN, sorry.......

Jack

alright then, here it goes:

first of all i really need to take some time and have parts positioned in such a way that (depending on lighting) details CAN be seen, but to get an idea here's a "oversight-photo" of what i'm trying to do regarding the kit's details , viz. trying to erase on-lying lines, but NOT replacing them with engraved ones, just to tone down as much as possible in order to get a scaled down perspective on how a real aircraft would look like when seen from a distance.

This issue has already been discussed ofcourse in the past and there are different opinions on the subject, but for now i'm trying to get satisfied with toning down to a level that would be acceptable to me.

Also i might mention the fact that this is actually my first attempt of adjusting detail this way.

I have several vacform models were i engraved detail as much as possible, but never did the approach on IM kits.

Anyhow, the tools i'm using are on top of the sprues, and i'm being very carefull not to erase too much

IMG_0917_zpsylk9mf7i.jpg

....Maru the Deviant........i like that, maybe we should get used to "that image" ....(just kidding), but on the subject, i've made progress in erasing some detail on the  Hornet's surface and following my intended route by not replacing them by rescribed lines but leaving just a hint of the original lines will speed up the build a bit.

As comparison i dug out my Academy F18 and had a good look at its scribed detailing and it would be humongeous to replicate that onto the Hasegawa kit. Maybe an option for a later project.

Pictures to follow.

J.

• 1 month later...

Well it's been a while, and (ofcourse...dah...) not much progress has been made, mostly figuring out the "display" eventually, and an idea struck me: why not have an aircraft, partly in FSD colors and partly how it was in basic, prime colors, the way it was BEFORE the white shining outfit was painted on........

Ofcourse this way it wouldn't be how it ever flew, but i think it will be interesting to look at.....

Jack.