My modeling while insane "In progress" report. :)

mpk

Thanks Danny.

Well I apparently lay claim to being quite, insane, at least for 2 more weeks according to my team. :)

So I may as well keep this going. Thus far today I have done more work on the G6 cockpit. The dials have since been glossed, but I cannot get a decent photo. So here is the kit IP with the kit decal on it.

20161201_092838-2_zpssslqcuyr.jpg

I am about to try the airscale 1/32 Luftwaffe WWII instrument dial decals on my Dragon E4b IP. I hope they fit. 

20161130_100101-1_zpsq3uzwtts.jpg20161130_100116-1_zpsrtjwg4jz.jpg

Dale,

If this is what you've done with the kit parts, USE the kit parts!  This work (and parts) are really, really good.  The detail is excellent, the weathering/wear is perfect and the paint and dull coat are bang on.  I see no reason for after-market anything.  Also, as I have learned the hard way, people don't look into the cockpit all that much.  What they really care about is the canopy/windscreen and everything else outside that is easy to see.

Model on,

Chuck

Dale

Absolutely insane work ... just brilliantly done.

Keep 'em coming

Peter :popcorn:

Quite literally insane. :D

Dale,

If this is what you've done with the kit parts, USE the kit parts!  This work (and parts) are really, really good.  The detail is excellent, the weathering/wear is perfect and the paint and dull coat are bang on.  I see no reason for after-market anything.  Also, as I have learned the hard way, people don't look into the cockpit all that much.  What they really care about is the canopy/windscreen and everything else outside that is easy to see.

Model on,

Chuck

I have another G6 but 2 AM pits on order. I also have Eduard exhausts with PE parts. I may use that stuff here and there. I added some QB machine guns earlier.

This aeroplane will be in colourful Swiss markings. :)

Thanks so much. Dale :)

Hi again.

To those who posted nice comments I missed on page 1, thank you.

I just got a text from a producer. Apparently I recorded 56 tracks for him in 2 1/2 hours. Then forgot to charge him.

His text was very gracious. I hardly recall it.

All those tracks for free. He can make 40 grand off one tune. I didn't even do a points deal.

I must have been off my tree.

Oh well, back to modeling. :)

25k a week? Hardly seems enough. Looking really good Dale. I always enjoy a good 109 build.

Jay

I must seem really crazy then Jay. :D

It is now 8.08 EST Australia, and I have begun modeling. I am decaling the Dragon E4B IP. I've been modeling since around 7.00 am. I awoke at 4. So it only took 2 strong coffees and 3 hours to begin.

"a good 109 build". Mate, I'm doing 7! :)

Work has already begun on the G10, K4 and G12. 

OBTW. I have a question. At what point did RLM 66 become the colour used to paint undercarriages? Is 02 suitable for a G6, for example?

Jeez Dale, that's looking terrific.  Did you hollow out the ends of those MGs? They look very precise!

Jim

No mate. They are resin Quickboost machine guns. I was going to put brass guns in, but you know, insane and all.  :mental:

Your just too much Dale. I still think its better than what I could do....Harvey

Thanks to you both.

I am currently an insane man with a hot frying pan. Anything could happen. :D