IAF AH-1 Tzefa F

dodgem37

Guest Peterpools

Brother Bear

Brilliant progress on the front offcie .. your detailing and creativity, as always is remarkable.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

MARU, I'm wasn't offended.  It is I that must apologize to you if I gave that impression.

Please accept my apologies.  It indeed does help.

Sincerely,

Mark

Edited by dodgem37

• 2 weeks later...

It seems my little Coolpix has taken the day off, so I used my iPhone instead.

IMG_0439_zpslyofe7ie.jpg

The cyclic has a box configuration added to it, with a button and wiring.  Added rod to the foot rests.  Rebuilt the rudder pedals and linkage.  I couldn't let that go.  Added some sort of box in front of the seat adjustment knob.  At least I think it's the seat adjustment knob.  2-part epoxy arm rests.

IMG_0441_zpsizpmjb1q.jpg

Another view.

IMG_0445_zpshnfs4yxg.jpg

Rebuilt pilots' rudder pedals and linkage.  Control stick.

IMG_0448_zpslj4vkmiq.jpg

Started work on the rear bulkhead.  I suppose the wiring terminates in the circuit breaker, but imagery isn't very clear.  Wiring is coaxial cable sheathing.

IMG_0452_zpsiqfmggut.jpg

Another angle.

IMG_0454_zpskab7qcso.jpg

Control stick action.  Lost a solder button.  Will get back to that.

IMG_0455_zps6plx6zv4.jpg

Cushion action.  I see the map case is a little blown out.  Time for a field repair.

Thank you for dropping by.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thank you, Jim. I'm surprised by the quality of the iPhone pictures as well. The auto-focus capability of my little Coolpix no longer seems to work. Just as well. I've been waiting years for it to conk out so I can get a digital SLR. It's going to have to do for awhile, tho. I'll see if I can get an SLR for Hannukah. Then I can join the Big Leagues!

Finished up the rear bulkhead.

IMG_0458_zpsvdrwgddg.jpg

Wire retainers to the right are too big, but I'm going with them. Circuit breakers are channel. I drew a grid on them, imprinted the intersections with a needle to make it easier to locate the solder balls, .3mm, and super-glued them in place.

IMG_0459_zpsoz65fxqt.jpg

Attached to the 'sitting area'.

IMG_0461_zpsispo5uph.jpg

Other side.

IMG_0462_zpscg39xvo4.jpg

Squeezed into the fuselage.

IMG_0463_zpsogjk9vqi.jpg

Other side.

IMG_0467_zpsjuaiie7v.jpg

Somewhat of an overview. Removed the nose of the AH-1W and replaced the kit nose.

IMG_0472_zpsziu52kas.jpg

Other side.

I'll be taking a break from this to see what I can see about the painting of the Hungarian and Tropical Messerschmitts and Sinai Mustang.

Thank you for looking in.

Sincerely,

Mark

Edited by dodgem37

Guest Peterpools

Brother bear

Not an update goes by that I am not knocked over by your abilities and creativity. beautiful work on the front office.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Brother bear

Not an update goes by that I am not knocked over by your abilities and creativity. beautiful work on the front office.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

+1, that's some really neat scratch work. I'm awestruck, love the way you've done the circuit breaker switches (if that's what they are, I mean the rectangular panels with the grid of toggle switches on them).

Jim

I haven't done anything in a few days, Maru.   I've had chores and errands to attend to for a few days so all modeling has had to take a back seat, but  I'll post later today what little I accomplished last week.

Thank you for asking.

Sincerely,

Mark

Minor tidbits.  Nothing special.

IMG_0478_zpskiugx5fd.jpg

Exposed fasteners to fasten wing to fuselage.  Punched disc.

IMG_0479_zps1mubp3p8.jpg

Under wing tie-downs.

IMG_0506_zpsrk3btbyp.jpg

Universal whatchamacallit.  I thought I would make one original, make two castings, and doll up each one for its' respective side.  Tape is location for wing insert.  Lost a few fasteners.  Dorsal 'fin' is an older style formation light.  It is phosphorescent.  Rear is modern formation light.

IMG_0507_zpsvhzkjz53.jpg

Other side.  Punched some holes in the corners of the closed opening so I would know from where to remove the resin for the wing insert.

IMG_0508_zpsedgn2cxh.jpg

Worked a little on the gunners' seat and pilots' instrument panel cowl.  Added a two part epoxy seat cushion and armor to the gunners seat.  Head armor needs replacing.

IMG_0509_zpsefjs5p9o.jpg

Pilots' instrument panel cowl.

Thank you for stopping by!

Sincerely,

Mark