HobbyZone Aircraft Model Assembly Jig

HobbyZoneUSA

Hi Michael,

I like this, in concept at least.  I have the JHModels biplane jig and have not found that the most user-friendly when it comes to setting the top and bottom wing off-set.  This jig looks like it would be a lot easier to set the off-site as needed.  Interested to see what the price comes out as.

Thanks the the heads up!

Chris

Certainly looks interesting, but I'm not sure wood lends itself to this sort of thing?

I've got a transparent perspex jig, a plastic jig and a metal jig. They all seem far less "intrusive" than the wooden jig.

Or maybe it's just me?

I had a wood jig made by our IPMS president almost 30 years ago that was great while it lasted, but it eventually wore out. I've never seen a good biplane jig in plastic/perspex nor metal, just the cheap laser-cut stuff that is as flimsy as it looks. Given the excellent ship building jig that HobbyZone developed previously, it still seems like a logical step to see what we can do for the WingNut Wings kits out there, including those in my own stash.

• 4 weeks later...

We're expecting the new PS01 Plane Stand (model aircraft building jig) in stock soon with an introductory price of $49.95 USD. This new jig is far more flexible and stable/solid than those laser-cut alternatives on the market!