'Fantasy' aviation subjects in 1/32 scale

Royboy

Having been astonished at the amount of new subjects in 1/32 or larger that have been announced or delivered, (which I never ever thought would see the light of day) caught me wondering about some of my other desired fantasy subjects that I'm doubtful would ever happen in our scale?

For example, I would love to see a 1/32 scale IM kit of the TSR2, Blackburn Firebrand, Westland Whirlwind fighter, Prop/Jet Provost/Strikemaster, Dassault HU-25, Fiat G-91, An-2 Colt, Beech 90 King Air.

These are just a few of the highly unlikely projects that I think will probably never be done over the next twenty years or so?

Of course they do say never say never, but with so many more of the 'popular' subjects still to be done I don't expect to see many of these 'background' aircraft even though they represent a very strong historical presence.

What favourite 'obscure' subjects of yours do you think would realistically never arrive in 1/32 scale, but of course always hope that they might! :popcorn:

Well ... it seems to me that no-one is ever going to fill the last remaining BoB gaps (years have passed!!)

A Do-17z and a Boulton Paul Defiant ... are on my 'died-and-gone-to-heaven' wish list ... but I fear we're likely to see the second coming before that ever happens!!

Rog :)

Scratchbuild..... Free yourself from the manacles and chains of waiting and hoping that some kit manufacturing accounts department is ever going to get a dose of genuine inspiration. I know it happens occasionally, but at 55, I've realised if you really want something, crack on and do it yourself. And before you say I can't, or I don't have the time, consider this. If it takes you a year to build it, that is still at least 9 years less than waiting for an injection moulded kit...

Tim

Scratchbuild..... Free yourself from the manacles and chains of waiting and hoping that some kit manufacturing accounts department is ever going to get a dose of genuine inspiration. I know it happens occasionally, but at 55, I've realised if you really want something, crack on and do it yourself. And before you say I can't, or I don't have the time, consider this. If it takes you a year to build it, that is still at least 9 years less than waiting for an injection moulded kit...

Tim

2nd!

As a jet guy one of my fantasy subjects is Convairs B-58 (not least because it has 4 J-79s; what a sound that must have been!). For some reason I like most of what came out of Fort Worth.

Cheers

Rainer

Interesting - the Do17, Saab J-29, TSR-2 and Whirlwind are all available as card models from Dr. Emil Zarkov (Do 17 and Whirlwind) and IPMS Austria (J-29 and TSR-2.) These are all very detailed models and of high quality. If paper is not your game they would make an excellent basis for semi-scratchbuilding in plastic.

I'll second the B-1B.

SR-71 Black Bird and Su-33 Sea Flanker!!!

Oo, how about the XB-70?!?!

(I'd like an X-Wing, and a Millenium Falcon too please....as long as we're talking fantasy. :whistle: )

:beer:

Cheers,

Dave

(But alas, would still be restricted by budgetary constraints.)

Edited by Hartmann352

As Wunwinglow said..Scratch-build . In 1952 I soloed in a 1946 Fleet Canuck and have always wanted a model of EAO in my collection but who would ever think of kitting a Canadian light aircraft..so..

FleetCanuck017.jpg

And the same was true of the Grumman-American AA1A that I now own. No kit. Scratch build

IPMSVancouver2007039.jpg

Modelling can be fun and educational

Barney

A few of my fantasy models are coming true, the Hawker Tempest and the Fiat G-50 are the latest ones, but I would love a Fairey Fulmar, a Skua, a Westland Whirlwind, a BP Defiant and some more obscure WW2 kits like the PZL-11 and the Fokker DXXI, and of course more GPW VVS subjects.

There are lots more of fantasy model subjects where these came from but I'm not greedy.

Cheers

Den

jeezz guys, at first glance "fantasy models" gave me the impression to just have a ball with different parts of different 32nd scale parts and make up A FANTASY model, but getting back to reality and on the subjec:

A saab Viggen would be A W E S O M E......... :yahoo:

Barney, good on yer, mate. Lovely models of the typically underdone civil kind.

You must be very proud of those.

So heartening to see some real scratchbuilding. In the slot car world, their idea of scratchbuilding is fitting a resin body shell to a proprietary chassis!

Cheers,

Martin

... They're doing a Tempest ... The only Whirlwind in 1/32 that I heard of was the one planned by (HPH?) that was S-Canned ???

Rog :)

They're also doing a T-2 Buckeye. but I digress... HpH shelved their plans for a Whirlwind when they heard another Czech company were planning one, as happened with their proposed Tempest, think it's fair to say it'll be SH who produce the Whirlwind.