Revell-Germany 04849: BAe Hawk T.1A

LSP_Kevin

Great review!

And oh boy, is that light grey styrene easier on the eyes than the crimson plastic Red Arrows boxing. Plus you get SNEB rocket pods if such appeals.

G-factor made some legs for this kit which are available only on an intermittent basis. Not sure they're really needed but some of the crimson pops were short moulded in the legs department (probably a QC issue related to the blinding effect of the plastic).

Tony

Great review!

And oh boy, is that light grey styrene easier on the eyes than the crimson plastic Red Arrows boxing. Plus you get SNEB rocket pods if such appeals.

G-factor made some legs for this kit which are available only on an intermittent basis. Not sure they're really needed but some of the crimson pops were short moulded in the legs department (probably a QC issue related to the blinding effect of the plastic).

Tony

I didn't have a problem with the crimson plastic. I just wore sunglasses when I was building it.  :coolio:

ive built 5 of these and there are a few things to note

1 - the gear legs are ok but after 3 or 4 years the plastic goes and the wheels / undercart bend

2 - the canopy det chord decals is a pain in the rectum

3 - the seats are nothing like the Mk10's they are ment to be, heritage do some very nice one and even a early seat with the bigger head box

4 - pay attention to which aircraft you want to build and at what time as the tail finlets were changed (both are in the box) 

5 - again take note of the parachute pack - there are variations throughout the fleet, both in the box

6 - tyridium models do a excellent but cheap lighting kit for it   https://www.tirydiummodels.co.uk/index.aspx?pageid=2467893&clear=1&preview=1%5BURL=http://s993.photobucket.com/user/warren_monks/media/Smal%20New%20Card_zpsc9igvcuw.jpg.html&tag=Tirydium-Models

7 - if building the red arrow, you need 2 sets of decals layered as the white is very thin

anyone building or planning one, give me a shout i have a full walk round of photos and have got every decal sheet out there for it - (my long term plan is to build every RAF / RN hawk that has been in service, i have biult 58 now)

anyone building or planning one, give me a shout i have a full walk round of photos and have got every decal sheet out there for it - (my long term plan is to build every RAF / RN hawk that has been in service, i have biult 58 now)

Have you ever considered having them uploaded to our walk around section?

i wou

Have you ever considered having them uploaded to our walk around section?

ld have done, pre photobucket drama, as they were all on there, however if i get time ill start to re upload them (there are a couple of hundred for the t1 and same for the t2

Super nice review !

Only one big problem. I have made some research and this very good kit is no longer available anywhere on the planet.

(please do not talk to me about eBay I want to buy my kits the right price, not 10 times the price).

Lets hope Revell will eventually re released it.

:popcorn:

SharkOwl

Edited by SharkOwl

Super nice review !

Only one big problem. I have made some research and this very good kit is no longer available anywhere on the planet.

(please do not talk to me about eBay I want to buy my kits the right price, not 10 times the price).

Lets hope Revell will eventually re released it.

:popcorn:

SharkOwl

thats because i have them ALL!!!

is you are in Europe,  'The works' often have them in stock, i bought several from them at £9.99 each, im sure there are lots still in model shops in the UK