PCM 1/32 Tempest Build

alaninaustria

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Well, made some headway today - gear and gear doors attached, plus droptanks. The wheels are all mounted as well. Getting there - slowly but surely! Had some fogging of sorts on the inside of the main windscreen - not really sure how that all happened, but it did. I’ll be leaving it as is. 

Cheers

Alan

ABAA2A69-160E-43B3-8E7F-A69F37ADE818_zps

C4581129-F5C5-45F5-926C-FED59B3550FD_zps

9CAF28CA-DAB2-4103-8F4C-7BB00AA5902C_zps

5795349A-7194-4E3C-A2A5-3685D1E509A4_zps

Edited by alaninaustria

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2015 at 10:59 PM, alaninaustria said:

Hello gentlemen! Thanks for the nice input - I do appreciate it! Another small update... painted up the Baracuda Resin tyres and added the 'creep marker indicators'... I've hit a pretty hard roadblock with this build as I have discovered too late that the rotational pivot point of the main gear legs are not correctly aligned which has set my main gear geometry off a little... and has left no real room to add the gear doors properly.. so, I have scratch built the small outer gear doors and have completed one scratch built main gear door... the other will be finished in time... the new doors are more scale like in thickness which allows both doors to be properly placed! Lesson learned: before hitting the limited run kits in the future I will make double sure that the gear geometry etc is all up to specs!! I love building these kits, and the PCM kit is really nice, I just need to pay more attention to the small details!

image.jpg1_zpsmm6osuqz.jpg

Cheers and happy modelling as always!

Alan

@Hayaman: Soory, bro I can't help you with regards to the Razorback... I discovered after painting the Tempest gear wells that they should be either natural metal or silver doped, not RAF Green! ;)

by watching the ORIGINAL tempest documentary where there are scenes with the camera INSIDE the wells i can assure you they re green,since they re very dark and flat for NM and small chiping is contrasting on them,as for the kit...you re an artist my friend-chears

Edited by hayaman

• 3 weeks later...