1/32 MUG-29A (9-12) (from Revell to Trumpeter)

Guest Martinnfb

Did I ever mentioned that radome is slightly undersized in diameter and it's cross section is not circular therefore the whole front end suffers this undernourished / pointy  look. :)

Don't be scared , I won't tell anyone.

Martin,

How does the "K" offering compare?

Cheers, Tom

You are a wizard with putty, Martin!

Thank You Ray, we will see about that :)

Martin,

How does the "K" offering compare?

Cheers, Tom

Hello Tom, "K" is slightly different airframe, with different lerx, chord, wings etc. So it is very hard to compare the two, however the canopy section seems to be closer to the real thing on K. I will snap more pictures soon, to demonstrate the differences.

img_8215.jpg

We need an update Martin!

JCFdv0R.jpg

Lol, he's also very much 'right handed'....

Sorry Guys, I was busy bee with my right hand and slightly neglected updates .

I started modifying the spine that is not round enough and flat enough at the rear, between the engines, also the spine is not just a straight line, instead had two point where it "brake" changes angle .

what I did so fas was to heat the top section with boiling water and to push it down a bit. Then made to cuts in order to relieve the pressure of the bend. Next and most challenging step is going to be layering resin putty in order to build it all back up again and reshape it accordingly .

I am not planning to blend the top of the nacelles also I'am not planning to change the non-circular front section....for now.

There will be some pictures coming this week to demonstrate clearly what this all means :)

Please have a  patience with me, it should be worth it.

Cheers

.M.

SyAAF%2BMiG-29%2B3421%2B(4).jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Hi Martin :) you have a great build here.

Well maybe I'm too late for this, but if you have same future builds of mig-29,

a friend of mine build a detailed 29-s cockpit set from a resin.

I saw it with my own eyes, and I can tell its 99 % accurate.

If you interested here is the link:

http://coldwarstudio.com/MiG-29%20A%20cockpit%2032.html

and you can order this beautiful thing  :)

Cheers fella :)

Hello guys, I know , I know I promised some progress pictures last week, however there is not much to show, I polished the canopy and working on cross-section templates for fuselage adjustment....and for some reason I cannot ling my pictures from Imgur :(

Hi Chavdar, of course I know your the product of CWS and like it a lot, needless to say I am planning to utilize this set at some point. Thank You for stoping by.

Hi Martin :) you have a great build here.

Well maybe I'm too late for this, but if you have same future builds of mig-29,

a friend of mine build a detailed 29-s cockpit set from a resin.

I saw it with my own eyes, and I can tell its 99 % accurate.

If you interested here is the link:

http://coldwarstudio.com/MiG-29%20A%20cockpit%2032.html

and you can order this beautiful thing  :)

Cheers fella :)

hi

does your friend tested the fit of this set , as it is made for the Revell kit ........very nice cockpit set indeed !!!!!!!

Alain

Hi Alian, yes it is made for the Revell kit and no it does not fit  to the new Trumpeter, unless you modify the shape of the fuselage. I believe that ColdWart Studios is planning a new set specifically for trumpeter's offering.

Hi Alian, yes it is made for the Revell kit and no it does not fit  to the new Trumpeter, unless you modify the shape of the fuselage. I believe that ColdWart Studios is planning a new set specifically for trumpeter's offering.

Well guys if you want I'll ask him what are his future plans for trumpeter's mig :)

Hi alain11 :) I do not want to spam the Martin's topic, but yes of course, the set is tested and fits perfectly in revell's kit :)

Sorry Martin for the off-topic :)

No drama, it is important to evaluate  the ways how to make Mig-29 kit better from what is available. I am glad that you guys are contemplating options and as I said before feel free to pitch in, comment and criticize. I appreciate sharing and suggestions.

Cheers

Martin