Zoukei Mura A-1H Skyraider

BloorwestSiR

After reading K2's review of the kit and the thread about it, I decided to do something silly and start mine. The only thing that made this feasible is that I've manages to finish two of the four Spitfires that were on my bench. I've been working on it for about a week now and have to sy that I'm enjoying the build immensely.

No inital box shot as I jumped in too quickly and the contents one would have been messy as I picked the kit up second hand and a lot of the parts had been removdd from their sprues.

So, I actually started where the instructions said to and that's with the cockpit.

20170506_165133.jpg

I'm using HGW belts on the build as i prefer them to the moulded on ones.

20170509_103852.jpg

These were an older set which means you have to cut them apart yourself. A bit more extra work but at least they were cheaper.

20170506_235946.jpg

20170506_235957.jpg

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Here's the kit IP after a coat of paint and a light drybrush. I then punched out the individual instrument decals and applied them. Im leaving tbe gunsight off until later on so I don't knock it off.

20170507_000019.jpg

20170507_212037.jpg

With the seat in place.

20170509_103956.jpg

I'm leaving out some of the interior details that won't be seen. I did do a test fit to see if the upper spine panels could be left loose. Although it was a decent fit, it was a little loose at the rear joint.

20170509_104152.jpg

You can just make out that the rear part sticks up slightly in this pic. That being said, nothing is glued together in this pic.

20170507_004559.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Carl

Sweet ! And what a great start. Looking forward to following your build.

BTW, I'm slowly building up the juices to head on back to the Owl and cross the finish line right after the Roland is done.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Carl

Sweet ! And what a great start. Looking forward to following your build.

BTW, I'm slowly building up the juices to head on back to the Owl and cross the finish line right after the Roland is done.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter!

One reason I started this was after seeing the issues that you've run into on your 219 build. Having several of their kits in the stash, I was curious as to what I'd be getting into.

The Skyraider is one of their earliest efforts but at least it's single engined. I know there are concerns around the wing fold but there is an addendum on their website about it.

I'm really looking forward to see back at the 219.

Carl

Guest Peterpools

Carl

I have all the confidence in the world, your Skyraider is going to be a gem. If memory serves me correctly, ZM didn't re-invent the wheel with the Skyraider and while it does have removable panels, the fit isn't too bad.

I'm actually filling engine nacelle seams with loads of CCA today so I can do battle with them later this week

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Oh goody ! Cool choice Carl.........Harv :popcorn:

Thanks Harv! I remember building the old Airfix 1/72 kit as a kid and have a bunch of fun with the folding wings. I never got around to the Tamiya one so this is making up for that I guess. 

Strong start. What a sweet kit . 

Thanks Jim! i am certainly enjoying it. 

I'm just a tad jealous here. I'll be eyeballing, that's for sure.

Hopefully you'll be able to get to yours soon K2. 

Nice looking build.  I'm curious about this Zoukei Moura stuff.  I hear their F4 is bada55!

This is my first ZM kit to hit the workbench. But for the most part, I do like their approach. Certainly their choices of subject are great. I haven't seen their F-4s but I have a bunch of the Tamiya ones so I'm mostly good. Until a Spey Toom shows up anyways. 

Nearly missed this, also read the review and was curious. As Gazzas said really curious about ZM saw them in person at Telford last year impressive stand.....

Thanks Phil! I would love to see one of their show stands one of these day but they don't make it to Canada.  It might a tough sell to the wife though to viist Telford. Unless I can throw in a visit to family as an aside. 

Carl

I have all the confidence in the world, your Skyraider is going to be a gem. If memory serves me correctly, ZM didn't re-invent the wheel with the Skyraider and while it does have removable panels, the fit isn't too bad.

I'm actually filling engine nacelle seams with loads of CCA today so I can do battle with them later this week

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thast's good to hear about the Skyraider and that you're back at the 219. I've had to step away form the Spitfires for a couple reasons so it's easier to do something else while I sort them out. Much as you have done.