1/32 Trumpeter P-40B Pearl Harbor build.

1to1scale

I finally had a few hours to work on finishing the mask painting, here are he results.

wNVRhZv.jpg

WObhSva.jpg

qzQUbf5.jpg

12lC0UQ.jpg

PZ2rv5x.jpg

Overall I'm pretty happy how the masks performed, I'm a little disappointed that even though the masks cover two versions, there are not enough insignia to do two models. They say you can save them by reapplying them to the backing, but the stars get mangled when removing them. I am very happy with the look, way better than decals.

I did a little more assembly work last night, I still have a few bits to install and paint, but it coming down to the wire. I will try to do a wash this weekend to finish it off, but no heavy weathering, this was intended from the start as a no mod, factory fresh build plane.

CQ4LiP1.jpg

cln8TAM.jpg

Wb9gZQW.jpg

COcYIIi.jpg

Impressive to say the least. The paint camo scheme certainly meets your paint goals as a newly operational aircraft. Mask work for the National Insignias came out perfect. There certainly is something to be said for a non-weathered aircraft.   :thumbsup:  :yahoo: 

Joel

• 2 weeks later...

Almost complete, only things left to do is a little exhaust staining, some gun soot, and to rig antenna wires. Not the best lighting, but my wife was sleeping and I could not turn on my bright desk light. Overall there are a few flaws and a couple details in limbo since I had conflicting information, but I'm happy. This was my first 1/32 plane ever, first mask instead of decals, first use of soft seat belts, and first build thread.

bo2dvvv.jpg

I used Master gun sights and .30 cal barrels

rwBBbzC.jpg

Montex came with "300" for the masks, I wanted to recreate George Welch's aircraft, so I customized my own "160" masks

UW3XmtR.jpg

The only three decals on the whole kit.

QFkABw7.jpg

Yes, I used insignia blue on the "US ARMY" script. And I used all Vallejo colors on the aircraft, the only exception being the tamiya NATO black I used in the cockpit and tires.

a9SRzxf.jpg

Edited by 1to1scale