1/24 th MONOGRAM : UH-1B

I normally don't build helo's,but I couldn't resist buying this one at a convention cheaply.

It's the civil version.

bell-1.jpg

Once I started the build I noticed the kit had the military parts too from this kit.Only the decals differ.

lngch76ne6zjku20.jpg

Untill I noticed that the ammobelts were missing.

That's when this build stalled as I wanted to make the US Navy helo. I bought an aftermarketset of decals for it too.

http://webpages.charter.net/osborn82/fm_D03.htm

But today,a member (Jack) told me he has those parts leftover and so I can resume the build.

It's going to be a race against time to make the deadline now that I also restarted the Revell Mosquito.

We will see where it ends.

Here are some progress pictures I posted on Britmodeller too...

bell-3.jpg

bell-2.jpg

bell-4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The colorprofile with the aftermarketsheet calls for a very dark glossy blackgreen.

So I took half a jar of Humbrol's blackgreen.Added some satin black and a fair amount of gloss varnish.

But to get that special Navy look I added some gloss midnightblue too.

The result will be shown in a few days.

Stay tuned.

Looking good Erwin!

It looks like it may have landed on a Macchi however.... Hope nobody was seriously injured! :rolleyes:

Thanks Dave.

Well spotted. That's the boxart of the 21 CT kit. It's fully painted but I'm waiting for the smokeringdecalsheet I've ordered from Canada.

202-7.jpg

First coat on the UH is done.The top of the stabelisors will be in bright orangered.

bell-9.jpg

A setback !! <_<

When fixing the clearparts,the model sliped my hand and landed hard on the ski.Breaking off a ski from the one-moldpiece.

It's clear to me now that, with this accident and the work on the weapons still left, I won't make the deadline too.

bell-10.jpg

A setback !! <_<

When fixing the clearparts,the model sliped my hand and landed hard on the ski.Breaking off a ski from the one-moldpiece.

It's clear to me now that, with this accident and the work on the weapons still left, I won't make the deadline too.

bell-10.jpg

cheer up Erwin, ....had the same problem with mine, just carefully drill small holes in the opposing pieces that should go together and insert a needle fine pin into it.Super glue, so it'll hold firmly.

you'll make the deadline, you're a speedbuilder :blink: :P

J.