Me 110C-4 and G-4 build

Hacker, did you check out Hyperscale this morn? Brett has posted a free downloadable pdf file on building the 1/48th Bf110E by Eduard. Don't know if it will help, but the Eduard kit is supposed to be really nice and besides, its free!!! It's at: http://downloads.hyperscale.com/guides/bf110eguide.pdf .

yes l caught that this morning thanks Ray. The June issue of Aeroplane Monthly had a data base going on the Me 110 but my local bookstore never got that issue in. l would be interested in knowing if there was anything helpful in that. Sometimes they are a treasure trove of information and l was hoping that that article would have been the same

post-542-1192836802.jpg

Just a quick post on my progress. Here are the MG 151 20 mm cannons built and installed in the ME 110G-4 night fighter. When production resumed on the 110s the MG-FF 20 mm drum feed cannons where replaced with MG 151 belt fed cannons.

As shown l got the two cannons in the cannon bays and l used the Eduard PE ammo boxes on either side. l still have to cut some strips from my thin lead sheet l have here to make the ammo belt chutes that goes from the top of the boxes to the guns

post-542-1192837903.jpg

The cannon installation.

Thats all for now

Dave the 110s are coming along nicely.I couldn't see what scale the machine gun was.Is it 1/35 or 1/32.If it is in fact 1/35 is there very much size difference?This might help me down the road as well.Great work so far sir...cheers

Dave the 110s are coming along nicely.I couldn't see what scale the machine gun was.Is it 1/35 or 1/32.If it is in fact 1/35 is there very much size difference?This might help me down the road as well.Great work so far sir...cheers

dave l have a 1/35 scale ruler and a 1/32 and there is very minimal differeneces between the two. The 1/35 MG 34s where almost the same size as the 1/32 MG 17s and l was only going to use what l used so it worked out prefectly for me.

for figure the 1/35 scale works ok as a guy that is 6 foot is about 5 1/2 to 5' 8" tall in 1/32

Looking great, Hacker!!!

BTW, for the ultimate in MG barrels (wouldn't change anything you have already done, it looks great!), here are the latest 1/35th barrels by Adler's Nest:

b_1875_2.jpg

No 20mm though, these are 7.62mm ones. You can get them already blued, like the lower image, too!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...