Fokker DR I Red Baron

CANicoll

Revell's ancient kit (1957!!) 1:28 scale kit molded in red which I probably should have just left it but I just could not get away without putting a coat (or three) of paint on it.  Red was harder to come out with than I imagined and the decals were very fragile (and not as opaque as I had hoped).

Did this kit for some local activities that will commemorate WWI in 2017.  I've never built a WWI plane before so the rigging was fun (and much easier thanks to EZ Line) and this seemed like an interesting subject.  Very basic kit and the decals are who knows how old, but it all worked out in the end.

Chris

DSC_0146_zpsww7raj5b.jpg

DSC_0144_zps1xkk6ain.jpg

DSC_0142_zpsk9ytw6vi.jpg

The prop looks nicer than the kind of monotone image in the pics.  It has a gentle grain to it as I used a coarse sanding stick on it.

DSC_0148_zps58hvezq4.jpg

There we go!

Chris

Thanks Peter!  Quick build and I can see with a bit more time and a little bit more effort around the machine guns and especially the cockpit (not to mention actually running all of the rigging) this old kit could be a lot of fun.

In my temporary insanity I even looked at WnW WWI kit. Oh MY...  I see more of my money departing ways in the future.  I mean, how many Mustangs can one man build?  (and I'm on my 5th P-39/P-400 so maybe I'm due for a change of subject?).