Col Vic Vizcarra sent me this

Ok  Started getting the BB pit cleaned up and playing around with the fit.  I started to realize that it would be easier to use the kit seats? 

The big problem with the kit seats are the Head rest and the surrounding structure and the arm rest have to be UP in the cocked position

for the ejection seat triggers.  By using the BB Head rest structure and modify and graft the arm rest off the resin seat to the kit seat would work out.IMAG0156.jpgIMAG0157.jpgIMAG0158.jpgIMAG0170.jpg

the BB instrument panel is too tall.  Aires has made theirs shorter so the pilot would be able to see the HUD.  I used an Aires Front panel with the BB cockpit.

Bruce

Jack whats wrong with the Black Box Seats?  Oh I remember, your going to put pilots in your jet and the BB seats have seat belts in the way. Cool!  Remember to clean that resin to get the mold release off or your paints gonna be a nightmare! Nice to see you cracking into the thing finally!  I thought I was going to have to drive to Louisiana and get you jump started for a minute!  :) 

Your Friend,

Paul 

I LOVE YOU TOO !  Bruce

As I have been goofing around with this today, my eye kept looking at the Front panel?

I even took a quick glance .....and tried to put it out of my mind

I was going thru the process to shorten the panel and make it like right, I did it once

I Knew this was not a drop in,  and was not aware of the panel height, except it did draw me eye today

I get tired of screwing with the cockpit I can always "De-Rivetize" the damn thing

Thanks Bruce  That is the information I appreciate and need

Still goof'in

jack

Jack whats wrong with the Black Box Seats?  Oh I remember, your going to put pilots in your jet and the BB seats have seat belts in the way. Cool!  Remember to clean that resin to get the mold release off or your paints gonna be a nightmare! Nice to see you cracking into the thing finally!  I thought I was going to have to drive to Louisiana and get you jump started for a minute!  :) 

Your Friend,

Paul 

Hey Paul

Not the seat belts, but the arm rest have to be moved into the cocked position when you add a dude.

I think it will be easier to build it with the kit seats,  I'm modifying 1 at a time cause I have a spare resin seat

I can go either way plus learn for when I build my D model, one less thing I have to worry about then.

I should be able to SLAM my D  in record time

Good Hifgt

jack

OK   YANKEE AIR-PIRATES         You will probably notice before long that I post ALOT in my own thread?????????????/

That' s cause I talk to my-self..................And yes I answer!

This way I can get Ideas for this build ................".IN-PUT STEPHANIE"

Today's BF:    Load out......................I thought of something different, but not sure it would hold up in a court of LSPer's

Centerline:  GAS             L/R  inboard    NAPALM/fin's               L outboard ECM            R outboard SHRIKE

You always see WW's  centerline MER's  Big Bombs inboard   Can't say I've seen NAPALM.

I know a 750 with a fuse extender on each inboard was a favorite load

If I could PROVE they used BULLPUP's I would SERIOUSLY CONSIDER IT!

Let Me Know Your Thought's

jack 

Thanks Mike

But I don't think it's MUCH of a secret around here

I have not found any evidence of the Weasels carrying that Naplalm  canister.

I think it's COOL and it gives a silver color that most people will scratch their heads..............

Kinda like I'm doing now?

Gotta ways to go to that point.............HMM?

jack

Well I got my resin cockpit cleaned..............lot of smallish parts

Then the Telephone reared it's ugly and that was that.................Got more @*&$%  tomorrow  I hate Alexander Graham BELL I WANNA BEAT HIM UP!!!!!!

So any-hoo

I may be quite for a couple of days to stay building in short spurts during the next few days

Or I'll be on here and not building a &$!*$ thing

jack

Sorry John

I was in a hurry when I took these...............Never use RED for your backround............close-ups are done with the zoom and some days are better than others

working with a different camera......and haven't got the hang of it yet.

jack

Well I knew there was a reason why I don't normally use AM parts, and once again it has raised it's UGLY HEAD 

The BB cockpit is not really conducive to my needs, as I need a cockpit I can work with and not have the same problems the kit pit has.

I'm going to pack up the BB pit, replace the seat part that I cut the arm rest off of with a replacement seat and sell it

Use all the arm rest and head rest structure with the resin parts from my Legends Seat  Set and have a hodge-podge cockpit

Some of my difficulties stem from me using pilots and the kit pit will be easier to do multiple trial fittings, so it's easier for me  

looking at my built one with canopies down and crew inside you can't see much on the sides anyway

Still pulling kitpit parts and what additions I'll have to add  :hmmm:  :frantic:  :whistle:  :shrug:

jack

Well I knew there was a reason why I don't normally use AM parts, and once again it has raised it's UGLY HEAD 

The BB cockpit is not really conducive to my needs, as I need a cockpit I can work with and not have the same problems the kit pit has.

I'm going to pack up the BB pit, replace the seat part that I cut the arm rest off of with a replacement seat and sell it

Use all the arm rest and head rest structure with the resin parts from my Legends Seat  Set and have a hodge-podge cockpit

Some of my difficulties stem from me using pilots and the kit pit will be easier to do multiple trial fittings, so it's easier for me  

looking at my built one with canopies down and crew inside you can't see much on the sides anyway

Still pulling kitpit parts and what additions I'll have to add  :hmmm:  :frantic:  :whistle:  :shrug:

jack

Sounds like a good plan Jack, sometimes resin isn't the way to go to get it done. Works best if its all going to be opened up most of the time, but even then it isn't always necessary.

Wishing you the best of luck on getting this thing built painted and installed my friend!  :) 

Paul