Curtiss Kittyhawk (P-40E, Hasegawa)

Looks awesome!!!

One comment, the gas cap looks very bright.  I'd suggest oiling it up, scratching it up a little or toning in down a bit otherwise.

You're right...now that's the only part my eyes seem to stray towards to.

I'm not sure why I used decals here as painting it would be a breeze and I could knock off the brightness from the start.

The gas cap decal allowed you to match the reds between the sharkmouth and the cap.

That is normally good but the sharkmouth was probably applied in the field from a different source of paint so they don't have to match.  I'm talking too much again...

I still really like how you broke up the monotone of the OD green and that is something I hope to emulate!

Edited by KUROK

I keep seeing streaking in certain areas of this aircraft...like the morning dew drips down and stains the fuselage. I thought about it and try to replicate it with Future tinted with the original color applied by a fine brush. Barely visible, but it's behind the canopy quarter panel. 

Ok Ok..I'm done. For sure, I think.

nmtI4UF.jpg

Thanks all...

You've done a fine job on the build, Shaka!! Looks well used and battle seasoned. Now, put it in the case and LEAVE IT ALONE!!

Don

Yes, yes..Don. I glued the clear lights under the wings and used some pastels to dirty up the fuel cap cover. It's over for sure.

Looks great Shaka! I really like the exhaust staining that you've achieved. The overall weathering is perfect in my opinion.

Carl

I actually emphasized the staining a bit more on the last picture. It's subtle still, but more noticeable. My intent was to bring an observer closer to see the subtle mottling because you really can't see the weathering from normal viewing distance...which I suppose is how it should be. But that was my disappointment at first..that you can't see the layers of effects (I like that term Troy) I tried to implement under normal viewing.

Time to get ready for work...