Hawker Typhoon

thierry laurent

... and now the fly tempest will soon be available ... I will purchase a Fly models tempest when availbe to assertain whether it will fit this kit also ...

Surely you're referring to the Special Hobby Tempest ... With the time taken to bring this kit from concept to market we WISH it was made by Fly!!!

Rog :)

That would be awesome. Of course there's still the Hasegawa 1:48 kits (I have at least two) and the 1:24 Airfix machine. I think I may still have a Monogram 1:48 kit here too somewhere, but I'm not certain of that. My 1:32 Revell kits were all sold off long ago, before I moved. To be honest, I haven't really been in an aircraft modeling mood for quite a while now, a few months at least. I dabble here and there, but have been more obsessed with several car models lately.

late to the party but

BURN THE WITCH!

• 2 weeks later...

There are not a lot of people for which I am ready to say I'm blindly trusting them regarding plans accuracy! Arthur Bentley is one of those happy few with Monforton or Neely. The reason is simple: he is creating plans from his own measures of full scale airfames, manufacturer sectional measures and other sources without any guess work. And he is so paranoid about accuracy, he is refining them for decades! This explains why he did not release tons of plans such as Richard Caruana, Hubert Cance and others who do a correct but not terrific work. In this league, Bentley is an obvious exception. His original Typhoon plans have been made forty years ago and progressively refined.

It is no mistery all the planes for which he made plans resulted in the release of kits commonly accepted as the most accurate ones. I never had the opportunity to meet him but others here like Iain or Radu did. Ask them what they think... ;-)

Indeed - Arthur is a draughtsman of the old school (and a true gent!) - he basis his drawings on primary data and research, rather than repeating and compounding errors in previous works - if that makes sense?

Iain

Indeed - Arthur is a draughtsman of the old school (and a true gent!) - he basis his drawings on primary data and research, rather than repeating and compounding errors in previous works - if that makes sense?

Iain

It does indeed. A dedication to correctness is wonderful. I know from my own roots as a board draftsman that absolute scale correctness is not always doable in the time allowed, nor necessarily required. Many is the time I've used the acronym NTS (not to scale) on my own drawings, and that is an accepted industry wide standard for many, many mechanical drawings.

Back in 2014 when I moved to my new location, I lost lots of stuff. To this day I'm still discovering that items I thought might be here, are forever gone; tools, clothes, dishes, model kits, etc.

Hi

I had a similar experience when i shipped stuff across the pond

cheers

jerry