1/48 Hasegawa Ju-87 Stuka

mustang1989

I built this one back in late 2014. AT the time  I had been waiting 18 years to build this and finally got around to it.  I started with a Hasegawa offering and used an Aires cockpit update kit. I have the double throw down Aires update with the enigne and all but just couldn't bring myself to break up the lines of this beautiful snake motif on this particular bird that I chose to build. I also used an Eduard canopy mask and some Verlinden details in the forum of the oil reservoir access displayed just in front of the cockpit on the port side and the wing mounted machine gun internals on the port wing. Paints are all Master Modeler acrylics on the exterior.

Depicted here is aircraft T6+CP of 6/StG 2 from Libya in 1941 and was flown by Leutnant Hubert Polz. Its one of the more interesting schemes out there for Stukas. The color of the motif from what research I have done is still a mystery. It's either red or tan.  I had both but chose to go with red due to the more sinister look of the red.

FinishedPicsII004_zpsea5730cd.jpg

FinishedPicsII003_zps3e8ee7ff.jpg

FinishedPicsII005_zps50faa5fd.jpg

FinishedPicsII001_zps8325e730.jpg

Ju87StukaFinished006_zpsbfbced83.jpg

Ju87StukaFinished005_zps8d442f02.jpg

FinishedPicsII002_zpsdba67c6e.jpg

Ju87StukaFinished004_zps4e499680.jpg

• 5 months later...