RFI - Wilhelm Hipperts Jasta 74 Fokker D.VII "Mimmi"

Out2gtcha

This one was completed right before the IPMS US Nationals this year, and was entered, but subsequently did not win anything. I utilized the Aviattic O2 kit, with custom O2 tube, and EZ Line for the rudder control lines, and Uschi regular for the rest of the lines. Bobs Buckles tubes throughout. 

This one I toiled with, fought with (re-did the entire upper lozenge and "Mimmi" lettering) and still wasnt that happy with in the end. The fit was typical WnW, and it was a joy to build. The checkers and stars on the wheels are all 100% pained on using a custom paint mask. The "Mimmi" lettering was generously provided by our own Clunkmiester, and the lozenge decals are all Aviattic. Everything went down ok, and I was going for a heavily used and abused look, but I still overdid the weathering, and the Aviattic pre-shading on the wings, was done with black, and is way too stark.

I rented a lens for my new D3400 DSLR, and this is all baby step images for me. I dont even remember what setting I had it on, so I bought a "For Dummies" book for my specific DSLR and my WIPs and RFI shots will hopefully continue to improve as time goes along. Again, the model turned out fine, I just did a lot of things I shouldn't have, and could pick it apart all day (of course we are all our own worst critics), but overall I think it turned out good and there were a lot of lessons learned. Thanks to all those who followed along on the WIP this past summer, Cheers! 

For those interested here is the WIP:

Wilhelm Hipperts Jasta 74 "Mimmi"

DSC_0041-XL.jpg

DSC_0042-XL.jpg

DSC_0045-XL.jpg

DSC_0044-XL.jpg

DSC_0043-XL.jpg

DSC_0046-XL.jpg

DSC_0047-XL.jpg

DSC_0048-XL.jpg

DSC_0049-XL.jpg

DSC_0050-XL.jpg