Hawker Hurricane

dennismcc

After years of opening and quickly closing the box I finally took the plunge and built the early Revell Mk I, it turned out to be an enjoyable build. Used the Grey Matter Figures wheels and tailwheel, decals are a mix of Superscale, Eagle Strike and the wing roundels are painted using masks from Miracle Paint masks. The raise detail was sanded off and rescribed, but if you look closely you can still see the rivet detail. Paint used was Xtracolor and Humbrol (for detail parts).

I wish there was a better canopy and prop/spinner available but I worked with what I had.

As a bonus while I was building it PCM announces a new fabric winged kit, this is great news, making more Hurricane bits will come out.

Cheers

Den

c8Pbr2.jpg

tIPIsz.jpg

N7uTz2.jpg

WvDAxH.jpg

Edited by dennismcc
Replaced blurred Photobucket photos

Very nice job on an old kit. It certainly came out well, and in my favourite markings to boot.

I'm just curious. On my monitor the Dark Earth appears a very light greyish tan, while the Dark green appears pretty much right, maybe a tad light with a touch of olive. What paints did you use for those two colors?

Sabre

Probably the camera, the paints are Xtracolor X1 Dark Green, and X2 Dark earth, they look great in real life.

Cheers

Den

Hi Den,

If you have the Spit. Mk.1/11 (revell) kit you will find a pretty decent 'Rotol' prop/spinner/ backplate which would instantly 'upgrade' your Hurri.

i love what you have done by the way--the Wheels were a major let down---and how right to sand of the details on wings and re-scribe--I did it more times than I want to remember in times past.....

Lovely job,

Dave.

Great job! A lot of work, I know. I too have the kit and have been opening and closing it for years as well. Wondering if I want to do something similar to your effort. But you beat me to it!

Hurrculean effort!

Sincerely,

Mark

If you have the Spit. Mk.1/11 (revell) kit you will find a pretty decent 'Rotol' prop/spinner/ backplate which would instantly 'upgrade' your Hurri.

Have to look that up as I do have a couple of Revell Spitfires up there, may even have some Hasagawa spares as well.

Cheers

Den

Spitfire Prop/spinner componants found, assembled, and painted, should have done this earlier, never mind it's on the way, I also found the rectractable footstep as well and fitted that.

Cheers

Den

Good man---that was quick work, and a nice cheap upgrade.......Remember though with footstep 'out' the hand hold under (and slightly aft) of cockpit must be 'open'----but not at the risk of spoiling a lovely paint job.....

Dave.