Dutch PCM Spitfire Mk.iXe

jeroenpeters

Finally finished the last little details on my Spit. Just in time before I recieve the new Tamiya version.

All I needed to do was to paint the tire skit-markings on the side of the wheels.

So now it's done. Only thing that bugs me is the Hispano gun bulges being on the wrong side. Otherwise it

turned out OK, by my standards.

Thanks for looking.

Jeroen.

post-6688-1257595302.jpg

Finally finished the last little details on my Spit. Just in time before I recieve the new Tamiya version.

All I needed to do was to paint the tire skit-markings on the side of the wheels.

So now it's done. Only thing that bugs me is the Hispano gun bulges being on the wrong side. Otherwise it

turned out OK, by my standards.

Thanks for looking.

Jeroen.

post-6688-1257595302.jpg

...GAAAAAAAAF!!!!!

Nice work. One nic pick tho and its a pretty common mistake , the crow bars were never Red . Only restored Spits have Red crow bars for moden safety regulations.

Hi Keith,

I know and I was expecting this observation. It's the same like the blue artificial horizon Brett Green is building in his Spit at the moment.

It's later period, but it does add color. Here's a pic of a restored spit pic which I used for reference.

Thanks for the heads up though. Appreciate it.

Jeroen.

post-6688-1257614856.jpg

Nice looking bird! What is the base? I'd guess something Spitfire; any more pics? A very good looking NMF!

Hi Mike,

It is. It actually is the morse identification key from the right sidewall of a spitfire.

Since this Spitfire is in post WWII colors (1946, dutch air force over the dutch east indies)

the crowbar indeed is red :whistle:

Thanks for all the positive comments. Will post some detail pics later!

Jeroen.