Seafire XV - Options

Scotsman

I've talked to Tim at Grey Matter Figures earlier this week and asked him if there was any hope to see a Seafire Mk XV/ Mk XVII conversion set from him and he said that he's working on one right now!!! As of now it isn't going to have the folding wings but it's going to be better than what we have now, which is nothing.

Cheers,

Brady

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-32-scale-spitfire-mk-Xll-full-conversion-set-resin-/232286141431?hash=item3615553bf7:g:aFoAAOSwUKxYkjWp

IIRC, the eBay seller is the maker..Roy? I bought a couple of Griffon noses and props seperate from him, and very nicely done they are too!

Best regards;

Steve

Thanks, added to my eBay favourite sellers.

Brady, already seen your other thread, thanks for your info too ^^^

Edited by MikeC

I used the Warbirds/Grey Matter conversion with the Hasegawa Mk. V kit.  It was a fairly straightforward conversion.

DSC_0014-1.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

Wow- that is a beautifully done conversion. Have always been a big fan of all Seafire variants and colour schemes- would love to do an XV but any of them would be nice- will put it on the ever lengthening 'to build' list.... :hmmm: :doh:

Thanks. Here's another photo of the XV

DSC_0016-2.jpg

I also played around with the PCM IX kit and various Warbirds parts to try and make a XVII. I shelved the project for lack of suitable canopy - the XVII was not the same as the XIV, which is what is on the kit in these photos  (and the elevators should be metal, not fabric covered and the radiators need to be the deeper type). I've now taken this apart and have rebuilt it as a sting hook XV, though no paint on yet.

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

I'd really love a XVII, as in my view it is the prettiest of all the Spitfire/Seafire series.

Oh, and while I'm at it, a photo of my Mk III (Warbirds/Hasegawa conversion)

DSC_0062.jpg

The PCM Mk IX kit offers the best prospect for Seafire conversions, as the wing is ideal.  I have grafted a Hasegawa Mk V nose onto a PCM  IX fuselage and the fit is perfect:

DSC_0003-5.jpg

Edited by iang

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys i have just finished my conversion kit for a Seafire MKXV  early type with early rudder and A.frame arrestor hook .it will be goinginto the mould in the next week or so This will be followed closely by the Seafire MKXVII , with larger MKXVIII spitfire rudder ,with the sting type arrestor hook. regards . Jim

Jim thanks for that , I'm in for the 17 conversion - since my hom brewed 15 is almost at the painting stage , one question about the 17 conversion - are you including the revised front canopy? - 

Thanks

colinr