Another Wingnut Wings build - DH9A Ninak

campingbaer66

Hi Michael ,

for making the bombs look like metal I used an old technique from my former tank building times.

The unpainted plastik was treated two times with Tamiya ExtraThin Cement , that makes the surface of the plastic a little bit rough like cast iron.

Then just airbrushed with Tamiya XF60 dark yellow and a little wash with AK Neutral wash ,that's it.

Peter

Hi ,

Time to call the Ninak finished.

She got her wings this weekend and is now ready to fly.

Rigging is no longer a point to fear after some of these kits and took me only 2-3 hours.

The 112lb bomb was equipped but not the 20lb cooper bombs that were of no high quality compared to the rest of the kit.

Following only a few pictures of the finished plane , the others will be in ready for inspection.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=67387

Hope you had fun with this build report and follow me with the next one , it will be a Sopwith Triplane from  ..... not nessesary to mention , WnW.

Peter

M%20Andere_zpse1gimhui.jpg

K%20Andere_zpsccnbjodn.jpg

D%20Andere_zps0qcbosep.jpg

B%20Andere_zpsphm8sejo.jpg

O%20Andere_zpsbr9yl96u.jpg

J%20Andere_zpsobg6s6ug.jpg

Edited by campingbaer66

This is just a sweetheart. Every time I look, I see more detail. Nice!

I find the Ninak is so extremely overlooked. A fine design it was, one which soldiered on well into the 30s.

I agree with you Ernie, to me it has a certain something.  It also happens that an old gentleman I knew many years ago flew them in Iraq.  Simply awaiting the release of the Pheon sheet for the Post-War aircraft before I start mine.