1:72 U-boat bunker

LSP_K2

9 hours ago, alaninaustria said:

Really neat project Kev, hoping to see it finished some time! Which Revell kit is this one?

Cheers

Alan

Me to. All the parts and pieces are here, so finishing it up really shouldn't be that big of a deal, really. It's the Type VIIC/41 kit.

10 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

That is fantastic.  I love that!  Could we get some detail shots?  You have a long bench.  I barely have room for the Rex, let alone a 3 foot U-Boat.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks, Mark. I'll see what I can dig up, but I don't believe I took many detail shots of it, just general overview stuff. (I was very anxious to just get it into the display case.) That old bench was roughly 6' x 3', whereas my new benches here will be 8' x 8'.

13 hours ago, alaninaustria said:

That has to be the oddest thing I have ever heard!! Why only one side??

Cheers

Alan

It was only ever intended to be displayed port side out, so no one would ever see the starboard side once it was in my case, therefore no need to paint it. To me, it's kind of like not painting the interior of armor kits, which I also never do, since nobody will ever see the interior of those kits anyway. The U-Boat for this bunker display will be painted everywhere though (on the exterior), as it will eventually be "show bound", and I don't dare risk areas being visible that are not painted and skanked up.