Best Battle of Britain era Stuka?

Guest The Southern Bandit

I think so :)

I've got the 1/32 Stuka B2 kit now ... I'm quite sure its not quite correct in the nose department or spat wheel department ... and then someone mentioned the bomb was too large too ... where does it end?

The list could go on forever if we allowed it to.

I really dont care about this uber study detail modelling so much any more ... I'm almost 59 years old and my hands hurt bad after even polishing simple things in the house ... I need to use wrist sprints most times I really do.

So I will NOT be putting myself through the torture of beating myself up trying to make a most accurate WW2 BOB Stuka that is right or wrong on shape for others ideas.

I'm just gonna build this Stuka OOB and who cares if it does not like right ... it will look fine to me and I wont stall it because some expert springs up and says ... thats not right!

Its My Stuka, its my kit and its my build :)

MmKoDvo.jpg

No that conversion is not really difficult to use. Have a look at a full scale Stuka and you will see the same step between the nose and the fuselage.

But the fit looks bad top side and bottom?

It does not fit in any shape or form? Its like it has shrunk a scale or two :(

Are there any side view of real Stuka B2's, because I'm not about to waste the same amount of money on a correction kit I spent on original kit only to find it needs its own correction as much as a correction kit does.

No that conversion is not really difficult to use. Have a look at a full scale Stuka and you will see the same step between the nose and the fuselage.

Got any examples my friend? I'm serious and have the kit now and would like to know.

Guys

I think we have to stop automatically assuming that because a third party has released third party Resin or whatever correction kits they might be more correct and accurate, this is sometimes not the case in many times.

I dont know what the situation is with this particular fit of the replacement nose parts for the Trump Ju-87 B2 are, but it does not look like an easy fix to me and looks even less right with much modifying of kit fuselage needed to make it fit perhaps?

It does though, it really does.

Stuka-push.jpg?etag=%221e37b-53abd3e8%22

It seems to be a poor fit all round and i would be wrong if I said otherwise,

Edited by The Southern Bandit

But this is far from right IMHO ... sorry modeller in question, but this does not look right in any shape or form :(

20150616_213506.jpg

Having opened my B2 Trumpy kit, and seeing how it all fits together, it does look like the recommended correction kit for this model is just a glue on maybe accurate? shaped nose replacement for the kit nose parts and it still leaves as much shape issues as it fixes nothing from how it joins to the kit fuselage further aft.

Looks like major surgery work all round and still looks wrong to me when finished ... I've bought major transplant resin parts before for bad shaped kits, some fit like a glove, others I wish I'd never seen them in the first place ... my gut instinct says this Stuka nose fix will not be easy and will need major working to transplant ... this is not for me.

Thanks all but I'm going OOB for this one.

Hi,

My comment was based on my kit and my conversion set. When I dryfitted them, I saw no major issue. Obviously, I cannot say what maybe the situation if your set is a little bit underscaled. At least mine fits correctly :-).

The problem that is very difficult to solve with the kit nose is the fact it is very noticeably underscaled. This is not impossible (as Brian Fawcett demonstrated when he made the master of his resin nose) but will be time consuming.

If you do not feel confortable with such a set, build the kit OOTB. There is no problem doing it that way. It is just a matter of personal choice.

Thierry

But the fit looks bad top side and bottom?

It does not fit in any shape or form? Its like it has shrunk a scale or two :(

Are there any side view of real Stuka B2's, because I'm not about to waste the same amount of money on a correction kit I spent on original kit only to find it needs its own correction as much as a correction kit does.

The correction nose does not fit that well, at least in my case. I had to reach out to Monthebiff for advice. Basically, I had to put 2 braces inside the nose to make it wider on the sides. Then I had to use filler to build the top so that it is now flush with the bulkhead. It fits pretty well now, and I do not have the "step" like Monthebiff's model has. I may make a WIP so that everyone contemplating this project can see.