Zoukei Mura FW 190 artwork posted

BloorwestSiR

Personally I think they should do the entire series as a basic kit, then offer the other parts in their own after market series as they already have this practice in place to a degree. It would make the people that want their kits simple happy, keep the prices down and let the others add on to their harts content. Also some of the more advanced parts might be more desirable in resin anyway so this would improve the economics of integrating the two and getting the price, difficulty and detail balance right for each customer.

Personally I am not a fan of Hasegawas 1/32 190 series kits as they feel a bit like blown up 1/48 kits as far as detail, and they don't tend to fit together as well as Tamiya kit's in either scale. I have not been overjoyed with any of the Hasegawa 1/32 I have purchase so far but their Raidin and some of their newer kits look impressive so maybe I could find a better experience from them yet.

Edited by cbk57

Personally I think they should do the entire series as a basic kit, then offer the other parts in their own after market series as they already have this practice in place to a degree. It would make the people that want their kits simple happy, keep the prices down and let the others add on to their harts content. Also some of the more advanced parts might be more desirable in resin anyway so this would improve the economics of integrating the two and getting the price, difficulty and detail balance right for each customer.

Personally I am not a fan of Hasegawas 1/32 190 series kits as they feel a bit like blown up 1/48 kits as far as detail, and they don't tend to fit together as well as Tamiya kit's in either scale. I have not been overjoyed with any of the Hasegawa 1/32 I have purchase so far but their Raidin and some of their newer kits look impressive so maybe I could find a better experience from them yet.

I absolutely love Hasegawa kits.

No messing around, no open panels or hidden internals, just a good kit that fits well into a good subject. True, not quite Tamiya quaity, but the price is not Tamiya either.

I absolutely love Hasegawa kits.

No messing around, no open panels or hidden internals, just a good kit that fits well into a good subject. True, not quite Tamiya quaity, but the price is not Tamiya either.

While you and I may disagree on our love for Hasegawa, I think we would both agree that modelers are well served with a choice of down to business or super detailed. I think we might both agree that having both options is even better.

While you and I may disagree on our love for Hasegawa, I think we would both agree that modelers are well served with a choice of down to business or super detailed. I think we might both agree that having both options is even better.

Absolutely!

I think it's a good idea, as there are those of us who can't abide open panels, whilst others who open them wherever possible.

Now we have a choice & can pay accordingly. 

It's akin to the Eduard 109 series of kits - Overtrees for absolute basics of sprues only, Weekend for a box, instructions & a single decal, Standard for added choice of decals, Profipack for additional decals, photo-etch and canopy masks. 

I haven't yet received an email directly from ZM ... but I did receive a reply back to an FB post on the VOLKS USA page:

"Hello Roger! Thank you very much for your comment to us. The FW 190 is still in development. We will post more information as we get it from ZOUKEI-MURA here on our Facebook. Thank you very much!"

I don't know how well connected VOLKS staff are with ZM ... Or whether they give a rats about our enquiries

Rog :)

I haven't yet received an email directly from ZM ... but I did receive a reply back to an FB post on the VOLKS USA page:

"Hello Roger! Thank you very much for your comment to us. The FW 190 is still in development. We will post more information as we get it from ZOUKEI-MURA here on our Facebook. Thank you very much!"

I don't know how well connected VOLKS staff are with ZM ... Or whether they give a rats about our enquiries

That sounds like a fob-off.

I'd not hold your breath for that 190. I think the Ki-45 will drop first.

Guest Peterpools

I'm old school; stop dangling the carrot in front of us and then the waiting goes on for years.

Stop spending money and resources on developing new kits and fail to deliver on old promises

Peter

That sounds like a fob-off.

I'd not hold your breath for that 190. I think the Ki-45 will drop first.

I agree ... Surely the 190 should have hit the mock up stage by now ... ahead of the 2 announcements at Telford.

The Ki-45 looks much further along than the Hs-129 ...

Meanwhile the Fw.190's are vapourware! ...

I'm old school; stop dangling the carrot in front of us and then the waiting goes on for years.

Stop spending money and resources on developing new kits and fail to deliver on old promises

Peter

Agreed ... as much as I'm impressed with the 2 new announcements and mock ups ... I'm annoyed by the broken promise - something that ZM has never done in the past really!!

I would have much rather seen mock ups of the 190's and these two new ones on posters!

Annoyed

Guest Peterpools

Rog

Agreed. I realize that what they are doing is nothing more then letting the competition know what their plans are but come on, offering two new kits before the 190 hits the shelves just aggrivates consumers.

Peter