German F-104G - JaboG34 Norm83 camo

Zero77

Very nice F-104, Nicolas ! :goodjob:

My own inclinations are towards colourful (and peaceful) schemes, but I like what you have done nevertheless. your WiP is bookmarked for when I will build mine (especially fitting the Aires pit ;) )

A quickie : I am probably getting it wrong, but I thought the nozzle petals were not protruding as much from the rear fuselage as on your 104. Maybe it's just an wrong impression ?

Hubert

Very nice F-104, Nicolas ! :goodjob:

My own inclinations are towards colourful (and peaceful) schemes, but I like what you have done nevertheless. your WiP is bookmarked for when I will build mine (especially fitting the Aires pit ;) )

A quickie : I am probably getting it wrong, but I thought the nozzle petals were not protruding as much from the rear fuselage as on your 104. Maybe it's just an wrong impression ?

Hubert

Oh my God !!! Hubert jou just killed me ! I think you're right, and i did not notice that at all.... I've just compared with pictures, and even if the protruding lenght seems to be slightly different from a picture to another for some reason, it seems to be too much on mine. I just cut the resin part where it should be, and glue it without checking any reference. My mistake !

I'll check if i can unglue the exhaust, but that wont be easy, and i dont want to break it. And even if i can, i'm not sure i can reduce the lenght on the back of the part because of the inner details, and the other part of the engine would be too deep in the fuselage to be modified. I think i have to remove about 1 or 2mm.

Thank you for your eagle eye !

People wont, but i will ! :)

I wont sleep tonite....

I'm joking of course. I'll try to slightly move the exhaust to see if it come. If not, i'll let it alone, too bad.

Dont be sorry, i like this kind of remarks, they make us progressing. ;)

Next time, i'll be more cautious and will do more checking, thanks to you.

Edited by Zero77

Spendid F-104.

The only critique I could bring is that it's unfortunatly not a Marine F104 :)

Nevertheless It's a great Luftwaffe F-104 !!

Especially love the training bombs and carrier on the centreline. I didn't know these existed in 1/32

Well done, beatifully realised

Edited by red Dog

great looking 104. That late lizard camo is just great. Great Job everywhere

Also that Cockpit...excellent

one point of critism... The seat is the Italian version of the MB Q7 seat. At that late time (mid/ end 80es) the Germans had allready replaced their MB Q7 seat with the GQ7 seat (headrest was more rounded)...

But no problem the model is amazing....

Thank you !

Menelaos, i know what you mean :

gq7a.gif

Yes, i noticed that, when i was painting the seat. But i dont think any of the AM seat are of this type. I should have modified it, but spotted it a bit too late. Too bad !

However, i have other F-104 project, 2 other german, an italian and so on. And the seat is not glued, so everything is still possible, when i'll be making an italian or earlier german, i can make a modified seat and swap with this one.

Edited by Zero77

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nicolas, great 104 indeed, one of my favorite Luftwaffe camo! maybe I take a couple of pictures for my site with your permission.

Of course you can !

I can send you some by email next friday if you want. Tomorrow i am away on a trip but friday i can.