Shawns Non-LSP thread

Shawn M

Thanks Dan!

The HRM kit and Harold (the owner producer) are both top notch.

This is my first ever go at an all resin kit and has been a pure delight to build so far.

I looked at the MFH and Gunze kits as well, decided to go big once and be done with the subject lol.

I've picked up a few other "famous fords" as well, 289 Cobra and GT40 MK1 to go allong with my 427 Cobra I built years ago.

6827127253_b68898eda3_b.jpg

This looks great, Shawn. MPC (at least I think it was MPC), did a large model of the Cobra, as did, I think, Monogram. I'll probably snatch one,... one of these days.

Very nice work on the Cobra.

A gent in town here has a reproduction Cobra, looks and sounds sweet....maybe I'll win the Lotto.... :whistle:

Dan

A fella out by my old work place, also had a 427 Shelby Cobra kit car, and it sounded so good.

....and written they are, an addendum page of illustrations, but 4 pages of typed single spaced written instructions!

That so far have missed the addition of:

seats

door latches

fire extinguisher

some decals

which side of the chassis (top/bottom) the sway bars go on

etc

BUT, thats what makes model making fun.

If I wanted a fully illustrated almost snap together kit I wouldn't have bought this resin one. ;)

now, following the directions (LOL) you're supposed to add all this stuff AFTER you put the body on the interior tub...

They were probably ship in a bottle modelers in a previous life.

Great looking build so far. Ever try any of the Model Factory Hiro kits? I have a couple and to say they're daunting is an understatement.

Carl

i should have the basic tub assembled tonight, then I get to start on the body color!

Lacquer? What color. I've become a "born again lacquer user", it's just wonderful stuff. Ironically, I used lacquers quite a bit when I was a tyke, but had no idea back then that they could be so easily polished.