WNW future Camel releases?

thierry laurent

Hi,

I know we are now buried under a ton of Camel releases but when I am looking at the current schemes and part sprue design, I cannot stop thinking WNW considered other releases...

Indeed, except the US planes, no other foreign scheme was included!

Moreover, the way the fuselage has been cut clearly opens the path to the release of the so-called "comic" Camel used as a Nightfighter... This one was really different. I also like the 2F1 but the "comic" really looked like the illegitimate child of a Camel and a SE5A!

However, I would not hold my breath for this one as I am waiting for years for a WNW Viper Wolesley SE5A... :-(

Thierry

I was a little surprised the "comic" one didn't show up too. But I wasn't even expecting so many Camel boxings that they did end up releasing. Dare I say it, it's almost too many already. Maybe they're waiting for some of the others to be bought up. The BMW D.VII came a bit after the other D.VIIs so maybe more Camels are being planned too.

For some reason too they also skipped an "early" DFW C.V boxing. I thought for sure they'd quickly release an early kit right after they released both the mid and late kits.

Im wondering if Pheon will come out with a Camel set?

Oh yes!

Rowan is looking at several: (from the Pheon website)

"All has been a bit quiet at Pheon this year, but any reports of our demise are somewhat premature....we're still going strong and now that we seem to have successfully resolved a mix of personal, work-load and printing challenges we have a series of new releases to come. We start with the repeatedly delayed Post-war Ninack/Polikarpov sets (and etched wire wheels) early next year, following that,  readers of Winter Windsock will have seen that a new set for the Pfalz D.IIIa is coming to complement the two new Datafiles and then? well, what else but various flavours of the genus Camelus !

To wit, current thinking on Camel decals involves the following ideas (depending on indicated or anticipated demand) -

10 Sqn RNAS stripy jobs for all three flights, red, blue and black.

Belgian Camels, including Olieslagers, Cremers, etc. - even Mantel's pink one...

The Ruston Proctor 1000th celebratory Wings of Horus†(this as a special limited edition)

Other colourful RNAS squadrons - 9 Sqn, 3 Sqn, etc.

Camel Aces - probably two volumes

Colourful trainers and celebratory Camels – lots to choose from here!

Night fighting HD Camels (including one or two for the Comic in anticipation of a conversion?)

Research has been ongoing for a while, of course and with the revelation of WNW's comprehensive selection of Camel kits and confirmation of marking options, design work can now get going in earnest. We'll have to wait for the arrival of the kits in France before final design and tailoring can be completed, of course and the actual print go-ahead will depend to some degree on pre-order demand (pre-order offers and option details will be posted on the website in due course).

We'd be very interested to hear other Camel subject suggestions or particular support for any of the above ideas via email to -  pheon@pheondecals.com or via our Contactus tab https -//www.pheondecals.com/contact-us.html

We're obviously really excited by the imminent deluge of Camels but also guessing that we'll all be seeing a number of further new releases from Wingnut Wings in 2017 – if there was ever any doubt - Happy New Year, indeed!

Rowan and Sabine wish you all a Joyeux Noel et Bonne Année!"

So get your suggestions in now!