F4U-1 Royal Navy DONE

mark31

Hello and here i go with the tamiya bird cage evry since the movie planes came out my oldest daughter 8 is keep me asking when i build skipper :hmmm:

So i have said to her ok but it will be in difrent color

So the kit.

1_zpsaolbjwyj.jpg

going for the midle option.

3_zpstzfbk7nl.jpg

2_zps2zstg7mg.jpg

and made a start on the engine the cowlings will be left off to show all off the engine.

4_zpszgxvr0ww.jpg

Mark

Edited by mark31

Mark,

Nice start to the engine. I'm assuming that's the resin AM replacement. Are you going to be wiring it up?

Looking forward to your next update.

Joel

Yes i still have to do the wire but first i have to put thé second row of cilinders in place

Maybe today in place

Mark

Mark,

My apologies for jumping the gun. :oops: Maybe if I looked hard enough, I would have realized that the back bank of cylinders wasn't there.

Looking forward to your  next update.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Guest Peterpools

Hi Mark

Nice start on the Birdcage and looking forward to following your progress. also looking forward to you working the Brassin set into the build as I still have both Corsairs in the stash and would want to build them a bit differently then my first Birdcage.

BTW, did the package arrive yet?

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Mark,

My apologies for jumping the gun. :oops: Maybe if I looked hard enough, I would have realized that the back bank of cylinders weren't there.

Looking forward to your  next update.

Joel

No problem i hope to get thé engine done next weekend

Mark

Great start Mark,

i'm really looking forward to your build, and you will see, this kit is just fabulous.

Succes mate.

Greetz

Danny

Thanks Danny so far from what i have seen and read here on thé forum it's just a winning kit

I have done a few dry Fits and just WoW

Mark

Hi Mark

Nice start on the Birdcage and looking forward to following your progress. also looking forward to you working the Brassin set into the build as I still have both Corsairs in the stash and would want to build them a bit differently then my first Birdcage.

BTW, did the package arrive yet?

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter

So far everything from the Brassin Fits great and also thinking to get my self thé other Corsair

And no not yet here think this week

Mark

thank you all for looking over here

Progress is going slow but i whant to get it good from the first time

More progress on th R2800

the second row off cilinders in place and also small tubing

5_zpsk8gqy7si.jpg

7_zpsnquubk6k.jpg

6_zpslfxs2pji.jpg

Next step is trying to get the ignition wires done is there any one that can give me advice about a good collor on that on?

Also going to make work on the cowling

I had a topic about the cockpit colour and others for this one and some one had say to make it grey

Any idee about what grey

Thanks for stooping by

Mark

Guest Peterpools

Hi Mark

The ignition wires are really braided tubing with the ignition wires inside. They should be a bronze/brown/tan color.

Peter

Hi Mark

The ignition wires are really braided tubing with the ignition wires inside. They should be a bronze/brown/tan color.

Peter

Thanks Peter

I think i will go for bronze and yes i have seen it also in pics that they have a protective around them

But the color whas a bit confusing you see restord engines old ones somany color variyations so i whas getting a bit confused :hmmm:

Mark

Mark,

Peter is correct. braided wire sleeves to protect the actual ignition wires were the norm until late 1944 when they started to switch over to the rubber incased wires. Certainly cheaper and much easier to mass produce.

Your R2800 is really looking exceptional. :speak_cool: 

Joel