Revell 1/32 HAF F-4E SRA

Spryros,

Just had a chance to catch up on your most impressive build. The pit really turned out top notch. Your painting, and detail painting just makes everything POP partly do to the amount of time you took to mask out all the black boxes. And those seats received the same attention.   :thumbsup:  I'm looking forward to your next update once you get back from vacation. 

Joel

Thank you Joel! Glad you like it! 

The cockpit will require a bit more detailing to consider it done.  ^_^

I guess You're fine with the selected pit. After doing some checking regarding "SRA", I found out the following:

In 1991 the HAF aquired 28 F-4E's from the Indiana ANG. These birds were delivered under the so-called South-Eastern Regional Agreement ("SRA"). This indicates that these birds were rather "old-type" F-4E's, meaning "pre-AUP". During their life-time within the ANG, the aircraft received various system-upgrades such as:

* Advanced Navigation & Weapon-delivery System

* Airborne Video Tape Recorder

* Have Quick Radio's

* Improvements to the AN/APQ-120 RADAR

In 1997 the HAF decided to upgrade their F-4's with the "PEACE ICARUS 2000" program, better known as "Avionics Upgrade Program" ("AUP"). Delivery of the first AUP-birds took place in 2002.

In short: I'm pretty sure You're OK with the selected pit when building a "SRA" bird.  :)

Regards Rudy.

P.S.:

Should You decide to put the model on a base, it might be a nice idea to look up a picture of an Indiana ANG badge, print it and put it somewhere in the corner of the base - "linking" it to "SRA". Guess You would have to do some registration-research to keep it all "accurate"... (If so desired.)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Indiana_National_Guard_-_Emblem.png

(Couldn't find a bigger piccie...)

Edited by Shujaa

Than

I guess You're fine with the selected pit. After doing some checking regarding "SRA", I found out the following:

In 1991 the HAF aquired 28 F-4E's from the Indiana ANG. These birds were delivered under the so-called South-Eastern Regional Agreement ("SRA"). This indicates that these birds were rather "old-type" F-4E's, meaning "pre-AUP". During their life-time within the ANG, the aircraft received various system-upgrades such as:

* Advanced Navigation & Weapon-delivery System

* Airborne Video Tape Recorder

* Have Quick Radio's

* Improvements to the AN/APQ-120 RADAR

In 1997 the HAF decided to upgrade their F-4's with the "PEACE ICARUS 2000" program, better known as "Avionics Upgrade Program" ("AUP"). Delivery of the first AUP-birds took place in 2002.

In short: I'm pretty sure You're OK with the selected pit when building a "SRA" bird.  :)

Regards Rudy.

P.S.:

Should You decide to put the model on a base, it might be a nice idea to look up a picture of an Indiana ANG badge, print it and put it somewhere in the corner of the base - "linking" it to "SRA". Guess You would have to do some registration-research to keep it all "accurate"... (If so desired.)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Indiana_National_Guard_-_Emblem.png

(Couldn't find a bigger piccie...)

Thanks for the info Rudy!

That's some nice digging up!  :thumbsup:

And it's even better as you confirmed the cockpit should be fine!  :rolleyes:

I'm not yet decided on a base but I do like the idea of accompanying the plane with a standing pilot figure. 

You're welcome Spyro.

Maybe some LSP-member can help You out with the "pilot-sprue" of the Academy F/A-18 Hornet (1/32). It holds on sitting pilot & one climbing a ladder:

https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/aca/images/aca_fa-18c_parts8.jpg

Regards Rudy.

Thanks again Rudy!

Not yet confident with figure painting so might just go for one.

• 1 month later...

Hello all!

While the Corsair is on the final stretch, I was also able to do more work on the Phantom.

Following the addition of more wires and detail painting on the rear instrument panel the cockpit is finally done!

I didn't include pics of the injection seats are I decided to redo the injection cords finding my first attempt mediocre.

LPNP9O.jpg

gFymwr.jpg

Next up, were the main wheel wells. Here, I added more detail again from lead wire, plastic strips and brass tube.

Apologies for these pics, as while checking my references yesterday I decided to add a bit more detail but will post again once the painting is complete.

LP5Vhp.jpg

0pa9oF.jpg

rvjr0m.jpg

voXoxc.jpg

Finally, both the main and front undercarriage are done! I only added some wiring on the front undercarriage leg while the wheels are from DEF models.

6oDyYD.jpg

Fpsu3M.jpg

Fb7TGv.jpg

NnI4eO.jpg

Next step is to assemble the rear fuselage and then attach the front!

Thanks for checking!  :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all!

I finally got back to the F-4E after a very long time.

It has turned into and on-and-off project and I'm currently involved in another major build but in 1/48 scale (will be posting about this in the future).

The Phantom is slowly nearing completion with the larger part of the airframe almost done.

I had a bit of a tough time with the lower area where the wing assembly meets the fuselage but after a bit of sanding and rescribing it all looked good.

The air intakes were also added and all seams cleaned up.

I also started working on adding small modifications that would allow me to build a later version of the Greek F-4E SRA in the form of the IFF antennas on the nose and mirror covers for the rear canopy (photos not taken yet).

Only thing missing now is to add the outer wing sections and clean up the resin slatted stabilisers.

xminq6.jpg

ZAUa5t.jpg

3gCcXV.jpg

0WgjfK.jpg

YzEbvX.jpg

KmbzvH.jpg

rLdDNv.jpg

oEzLSb.jpg

FjxYOm.jpg

hs7FRQ.jpg

lqJ6Qx.jpg

Thanks for checking!