New AOA Decals - USMC F-4B Phantom decals (Vietnam)

ziggyfoos

This will be somewhat limited release due to the nature of the subject since it will require a conversion set to make an F-4B out of a Tamiya 1/32 F-4 Phantom kit.

As usual for AOA the subjects are from the Vietnam War with six options (3 different aircraft) for VMFA-115 Silver Eagles and two options for VMFA-314 Black Knights.

It will include national insignia and the most common data stencils/markings (not complete F-4 airframe data).

(The eagle markings look dark grey in these images but they're being printed in silver metallic.)

Now in stock.
Price $24
www.AOAdecals.com

COVER-32022.jpg

32022.jpg

F4insert.jpg

Edited by ziggyfoos

Guest Smitty44

314...ok I'm down for a set!! Once a Knight is never enough!!

Edited by Smitty44

I will be ordering a set!, still holding out for a new 1/32 F-4B to be released sometime yet in my lifespan! Even though there is a conversion set for the Tamiya F-4 kit, the F-4B had particulars that is just difficult to incorporate into a conversion, a true F-4B/N kit is needed and would be very welcomed.

Kirk

Edited by Starfighter Jock

Another outstanding ideas to bring markings to market of two of the long time contributors to Marine Air the war. There isn't quite another branch who is as unique as Marine Air with what they bring to the CAS role in support of our ground troops. As an aside, my dad flew with both of these squadrons (among others) at different times during the war! With a few changes to BuNo & certain other particulars I'll be able to build his assigned birds. in the big scale. I'd rather buy your decals than anyone else's anyway & are you able to go public for any plans to release these in 48?

You, sir, are an asset to our community. 

Semper Fi,

Masterguns 

If/when HK (or anyone else) releases an F-4B kit these should mostly still work as far as the main markings are concerned.

.... are you able to go public for any plans to release these in 48?

These schemes are already covered in decals in 1/48, regardless of accuracy issues I imagine most people wouldn't be too likely to pick up another set at this point much later.

Edited by ziggyfoos

• 4 weeks later...