Revell 1/32 for 2016

Aerobat

I thought Revell Germany was going to announce their 2016 releases later in the new year, but they are hot off the mark on January 1st!

http://www.plastik-modellbau.org/blog/revell-neuheiten-2016/2016/

Well down the page:

04995 Messerschmitt Me262B-1 Nightfighter, 1:32

04994 F/A-18E Super Hornet, 1:32

...I'm not unhappy with the 1/72 civil DC-4 either :)

Guest Smitty44

Hmm a new tool Superbug. I would be interested to see how they engineer it in comparison to the Trumpy E, but I was completely satisfied with that kit. Crazy that they would choose that with a whole slew of you chomping at the bit for some new two engine WWII stuff.

04995 Messerschmitt Me262B-1 Nightfighter, 1:32

If the Google translation is correct (a rather big IF), then the Me 262B-1a is a new tool!  :blink:

It'll have to be one charming kit at an unbeatable price to compete with Trumpeter's Me 262B-1a.

D

If the Google translation is correct (a rather big IF), then the Me 262B-1a is a new tool!  :blink:

It'll have to be one charming kit at an unbeatable price to compete with Trumpeter's Me 262B-1a.

D

I've never been able to afford the Trumpeter kit, so if the Revell kit comes in at under $50 (Aussie pesos), then I'm all over it.

Kev

Hmm a new tool Superbug. I would be interested to see how they engineer it in comparison to the Trumpy E, but I was completely satisfied with that kit. Crazy that they would choose that with a whole slew of you chomping at the bit for some new two engine WWII stuff.

Agreed ...

I hate putting a downer on any new 1/32 item ... but seriously - they pick two kits that have not only been done before, but done well?!?  :huh:

The Trumpeter Me.262 series (one of their better kits, in nearly every variation too!) is the current standard .Hase' is not far off - I just think Trumpy beats them on detail ...

And if Doogs predictions are right re: the next Tamiya releases - a 262 could be a possibility there also ...

Given that there are, in all probability, a substantial number of people with me wanting a Do.17z for years ... this seems to be a dubious selection

A Spit Mk.V or a new tool Mk.I Hurricane would have made better sense to me ...

Who know's why they make the selections they do?

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

I've never been able to afford the Trumpeter kit, so if the Revell kit comes in at under $50 (Aussie pesos), then I'm all over it.

Kev

If their recent prices are any indication, you might be in luck! 

I just can't help being leery given the goofy problems that some of their recent kits have ended up with, though. Let's hope it doesn't...

D

What a bizarre release set.

As for the 262 and F-18 to late those horsies have bolted well and truly.

The F-18 might get some traction in EU due price but you can buy a Trump 262 for 60 bucks now and have been for 5 years.

What about the 109K or G-14 etc?

How about an F-4B? Simple kit good plastic good price boom lots of sales.

How about a Macchi 202? Another cracker with zillions of schemes basically undone except the old Pac models kit now long gone.

Ju-88 Nightfighter?

BF-110G?

A 262?????

In those notes does that seriously say a 1.6m long Star destroyer?

If so boom now we are talking!