F-type canopy for Trump. Me-109G2??

Menelaos

concerning the G-type prop and looking at the pics below...I'm wondering....

these are pics of the 8673...the ac had the W Nr on the fin, but looking at the one pic with Marseille, there is no W Nr at all...the 100 Kills marks is but visible on the fin....

On the big photo the prop is typical F type and not the later G-type!.... Now I need some experten here!

8673_F4d.jpg

8673_rudder-sep42-1.jpg

I believe that Life-Like Decals is in error regarding the prop.  W.Nr. 8673 had the VDM 9-12010 prop, common to most Bf 109 F-4s.

F-1 and F-2 production typically used the VDM 9-11207 and the Gustav employed the VDM 9-12159A or VDM 9-12087A.

The Werknummer is visible (faintly) on better copies of the photograph...

41732612681_a13023597d_o.jpg

8673 was an Erla production machine completed in November 1941 and delivered to JG 27 in the late summer of 1942.   It's history prior to delivery is unknown other that at some point it received a low demarcation repainting.  Other identifying traits are the brush painted fuselage crosses, lack of over head armour, and no supplemental windscreen armour. 

Edited by RBrown

I believe that Life-Like Decals is in error regarding the prop.  W.Nr. 8673 had the VDM 9-12010 prop, common to most Bf 109 F-4s.

F-1 and F-2 production typically used the VDM 9-11207 and the Gustav employed the VDM 9-12159A or VDM 9-12087A.

The Werknummer is visible (faintly) on better copies of the photograph...

41732612681_a13023597d_o.jpg

8673 was an Erla production machine completed in November 1941 and delivered to JG 27 in the late summer of 1942.   It's history prior to delivery is unknown other that at some point it received a low demarcation repainting.  Other identifying traits are the brush painted fuselage crosses, lack of over head armour, and no supplemental windscreen armour. 

many thanks for the info!!...now I have to find the F prop....any aftermarket in 1:24??...one way is to modify the E prop...(from Airfix)

Edited by Menelaos

Hi Menelaos , the VDM 9-12010 had a wider blade than the earlier F blades.

Gs had the VDM 9-12159 like RBrown said, which was even wider. So the

12010 was unique to the F-4 (Z). You may have to start with a G prop and

reduce the blades. Here's a nice shot of the F-4 blade.

yZwdZPn.jpg

The bottom photo in Post 23 is a somewhat of a mystery.  The aircraft appears to be a F-4 based on the round wheel wells, but it has the wider VDM 9-12087 prop of a G series machine.  The F-4Z was fitted with the wider prop but purportedly no F-4Z was assigned to 1./ JG 27.

Incidentally, photo was published by Shores and Ring in Fighters Over the Desert Arco,1969 where it was described as one of Marseille's aircraft.

Edited by RBrown

The bottom photo in Post 23 is a somewhat of a mystery.  The aircraft appears to be a F-4 based on the round wheel wells, but it has the wider VDM 9-12087 prop of a G series machine.  The F-4Z was fitted with the wider prop but purportedly no F-4Z was assigned to 1./ JG 27.

Incidentally, photo was published by Shores and Ring in Fighters Over the Desert Arco,1969 where it was described as one of Marseille's aircraft.

give me a time machime please...... :hmmm:

Edited by Menelaos

Here are a few additional bits of information that I have collected on 8673.

1.  Whitewall tire on tail wheel.

2. Tail reinforcing strips present.

3.  Pilot's overhead armour absent.

4.  Windscreen appliqué armour absent.

5.  Werknummer consisting of digits only was hand painted  on tail.

6.  Black swastika  marking with white outline only.

7.  ' Hier Aufbrocken' marking on rear fuselage  hand lettered.

8.  "Riefendruck 4,5 Atu' marking over tail wheel is original factory stencil which has been masked over original RLM 78 or possibly RLM 76.

9.  Data plate on tail painted over.

10.  Gust lock marking applied to tail and rudder in black.

11.  Fuselage frame numbers absent.

12. Paint chip or repair visible on port white fuselage band.

13. No walkway marking on wing upper surface.

14. No trim tab markings.

The aircraft may have left factory in the standard fighter camouflage (RLM 74, RLM 75 over RLM 76).  This would explain the low fuselage color demarcation line when repainted with RLM 79.

Edited by RBrown