I'm in -- Trump. MiG-15bis

Hartmann352

Okay, sorry, no pics at this time...but just a check-in -- I have been putzing with it, and yes, the wing to fuselage is, hmm, shall we say "fun"?

How about this...it's a learning experience. Funny, I have all the patience in the world when out in the woods, in a tree stand, but have to tap into that virtue when fitting parts together.

Still deciding on the flap thing, let'em droop, of just button them up.

:beer:

Cheers,

Dave

Okay, brief update...yes, more putzing...which as you will see has created even more to come.

Engine, not going to be visible, so it was shake and baked, and oooooo, titanium!
DSC_06501_zps7c7g8cds.jpg

Here is the more putzing created....

DSC_06531_zpsk8ob17m7.jpg

DSC_06521_zpsslo3llcp.jpg

But for now, I must take a break...rather not from this, but from my place of employment...vacation time. :piliot: My family , well, okay, SWMBO has decreed that we are heading south. Nashville, Orlando, St. Pete, then finally back here.

I will be checking in on y'all thanks to one of those smart phone thingies, but that all I will be able to do for the next few days.

IF there is anyone here from or that frequents Nashville, I'm a foodie, and out love a recommendation or 2.

Cheers,
Dave

• 1 month later...

Okay, I know I know....been awhile, but hey...it's a putz. now that I feel the fuselage is where I want it...just have to sand some more with a finer grit...then on to the wing root issue...(shudders at the thought)...anyway, with the poor fit, resulting from my less than best of putting the 4 sections of the fuselage together...I filled it, glued it, let it sit for a few days, then sanded it down. I was quite please when upon closer inspection of the Dremel tool that we use for the dogs nails, I discovered that it is a variable speed model...Dave was quite please that he didn't have to go out and buy one.

Anyway, here's where I am.

DSC_13401_zps1562bonh.jpg
DSC_13411_zpshaixu286.jpg

......and other parts of the fuse.

DSC_13421_zpsgcf9kh62.jpg
DSC_13431_zpsvpmmzc77.jpg

Not the best pics, but camera was acting funny.

Cheers,

Dave

very nice, Dave...that trumpi Fagot is realy a worst case of kit... I still have it in the box... that canopy for example is a "no go" as well.... :mental:

Ok back to work... :piliot:

Edited by Menelaos

• 2 weeks later...

YAY!!!!  :yahoo:  Update time...okay, nothing ground breaking here...not like y'all with lathes and CAD and engineering degrees....showoffs. :whistle: 

What - huh? did I say that out loud? oh well, anywho....working on the wing roots, bottom side....

Filler, StripStyrene, .015 x .060.

Starboard:

DSC_13471_zpsffitjlxd.jpg

Port:

DSC_13481_zps06cq3rrh.jpg

Results:

DSC_13551_zps4usmqnzv.jpg

DSC_13541_zpsyhlwluq5.jpg

DSC_13531_zpsap0hahhw.jpg

DSC_13521_zpsdqwuay4e.jpg

DSC_13511_zpsvvy7gzzm.jpg

DSC_13501_zpsmumkdwjs.jpg

DSC_13491_zpsiy5uu6pw.jpg

Now topside....

Doesn't look so bad from up here;
DSC_13441_zps49wrqmza.jpg

But get in closer, starboard does not seem so bad.....
DSC_13461_zpsav5bpkmx.jpg

but the port...ugh....
DSC_13451_zpsb23lltjl.jpg

Filling with .035 rod...and CA of course.

Using the baking soda trick with the CA glue...man is that tough to grind/sand through.

abadee-abadee-abadee, that's all, (for now) Folks.

Cheers,

Dave

Putz on Wayne! 

Putz on Garth!

Great work on a not so great kit!    I had issues with the  wing root on mine as well.      If you find that the baking soda trick is too rock solid, try a tub of the micro-balloons. I got mine from SIG (R/C) place. I found it much MUCH easier to sand than soda, and still as rock solid, and takes surfacer as well.

Hey Harv, it's the kit....when I saw how swept back the resin wasn't...being more accurate, I wanted it, but just decided to get along with the build. Should I choose to build another one of these...I'll get the corrected tail.

Cheers,

Dave

Well done so far. ..but at the first pic the nozzle should be more inside the fuselage...This is a MiG-17 future. ..at the MiG-15 the nozzle was not seen if you are looking the profile of the plane...