Junkers 88 A1 detail photos

and just a small note to all modelbuilders that decide to build the Ju 88 model with the lifeboat hatch open.. i have seen a few models with the hatch open..and dont make the same mistake as previous modelmakers.. :) the lifeboathatch folds in the middle and up ( its not two doors that opens to each side but one foldingdoor that folds either to the left or to the right ( depends on what side you open it from ) like a inverted V hinged in the middle

:lol:

Guttorm

Great pictures. Did Revell remember to put in the fuel control panel?

On another matter, how useful (if you have access to them) are the different manuals produced for the 88? I have seen operation and maintenance manuals and a couple which I cannot remember the names of for the A-1, A-5 , A-4, C and even the P!

Any recommendations on that front?

Thanks

Matt

</IMG>

dave and radu..i agree with you completely..i have seen some major mistakes on several models allthough the models look good themself.. but some people just build..and are happy with the resaults even if its completely wrong seen from a historic or technical view. but i am sure that if they had the knowledge to make it right they would.. also one of the reasons i am here..to make sure my Ju 88 baby ( kit ) will be made as correct as possible :)

Matt

i have not seen the fuelpanel yet.. :( maybe that got lost in the process ) i will know more when i have studied the manual and started the build!

but if that is all i can find as a error then i am not concerned at all :)

the manuals you mention are pretty usefull, but the best ones are the ersatzteil list if you can get your hands on those ..very rare

but i will scan some pages one day and put in here as well :)

here is a typical exampe from one of those books. i have the complete set and its about 9000 pages..

Guttorm

post-5311-1226059900.jpg

Hi guttorm,

Great thread, some very interesting details we don't often see. I had the pleasure to visit Gardermoen

about two years ago and saw the work in progress in the workshop, althought shortly before my visi

the other Ju88 had left the workshop. Also great to see the Heinkel III in more authentic colours.

Keep it up.

By the way, were you also involved with the recovery of Halifax NA337 from lake Mjösa during 1995?

If so, any pics you can share with us?

Cheers

Cees

Guttorm

Shame about the panel but like you say - it would be very picky to criticise on such a small matter!!!

I have ersatzteil lists for Me 109, 190A&D and the Me 262 and as you say they are a fantastic reference - I've never seen Ju 88 one listed by any of the electronic (PDF) ersatzteil list sellers on eBay which is a great shame.

I reckon you should give Eduard a call and get them over (or send them some photos) so they could do a colour PE set for the cockpit and a few items like the a/c identity plate you mentioned. That is one item of aftermarket which would be most useful.

Hoping to pick mine up at Telford next weekend.....along with one of Montex's Hs 123s....

Matt

hi..to answer two questions in one..i was not involved with the halifax but my boss was so i can aquire a lot of pics..this was two years before i started with the museum !! glad you guys like the details.. i have send my testkit from revell to the museums modellbuilder and he is working on that ..BUT a few parts has been lost in the mail... "#€%&/ as this was send in a cardboardbox and the post has managed to tear a hole in the box and also one of the plasticbags..so it looks like this will be made into a diorama with the 88 sinking in the ice..and i need to get a few more kits shipped from germany asap

and Matt..who is this Eduard ?? what can he make out if such drawings ??

best regards

Guttorm

I am going to build the Ju 88 model myself one of these days but the first testkit i gave to my firend who is much better in making models than me..hehe but hopefully not to many parts are missing...

so far i miss a wingtip and some small cockpidetails.. #€%& but its atestkist so..oh well

GF

Do we know yet if a JU 88A-5, or parts for that variant, come in the A-1 kit? Or will Revell release an A-5 or perhaps even an A-4 as separate releases? There seems to have been some question about this in the past and I wonder if a definative answer has been determined.

Mark Proulx