Out2gtcha

Well, I didnt glue on the wheel pants, but DID glue on the gear. It looks a bit off in some pics, but they are straight and even, even after measuring. I couldnt resist putting the flying surfaces on, spinner and pants to see how things looked.

Starting to look more and more like a 330:

2017-01-25%2014.56.03.jpg

2017-01-25%2014.56.36.jpg

2017-01-25%2014.56.58.jpg

2017-01-25%2014.57.07.jpg

2017-01-25%2014.57.28.jpg

2017-01-25%2014.58.08.jpg

2017-01-25%2014.58.29.jpg

2017-01-25%2014.58.42.jpg\

2017-01-25%2014.58.46.jpg

2017-01-25%2015.01.15.jpg

I have now resigned myself to the fact that I have completely screwed the canopy up. I initially trimmed it a bit too much, and after adding some bits to compensate, I have cracked it, and removed a small chunk of it. I will sand it down a bit more, and actually get it to fit, to use it for a pattern to cut out the NEW canopy, which I will have to order from Icaerodesign. 

SO, now I will go off and order the new canopy, and will now begin work on the tail wheel assembly, wheels and prop in the mean time. The tail wheel assembly looks like it came out in resin when this kit was first released,  but now its a soft "SAC" kind of metal. Boooooo. Easy to manipulate, cut and sand, but soft as hell, and the new white metal gear was formed all as one, so will need to be cut, sanded and modified. 

Cheers for now!

Guest Peterpools

Hi Brian

Geez, looking so good and I'm feeling your pain with the canopy and tailwheel. Adsolutely agree the Extra looks so good with everything on ...

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks for the encouraging comments one and all!

Brake lines! A small detail to add to the main gear legs that is prominent on all Extras....Want me to take some pictures for you tomorrow?

Looking great so far!!!!!

THOR    :ninja:

Please do!   I was wondering about that..............but dont have ANY close up pics of that NOR the tail wheel.

Tanks!

Thanks guys!  John, you are 100% correct. The little Exta 330 is SUPER tiny. Similar to standing next to a Pitts! 

I got some primer on the whole of the air-frame last night, but managed to get a couple drips, so I will wait another 24 hours to let it harden off, so I can sand everything smooth. 

Thanks to Thor, who got me some WONDERFUL close up pics of the tail wheel assembly, MLG assembly and brake lines which Icaerodesign seemed to have left off. 
The next couple days will be spend sanding and smoothing I suspect.

I also engaged Satal @ Icaerodesign about a replacement canopy and PE sheet, as I sort of pranged my PE sheet a bit. 

Cheers till next time! 

Edited by Out2gtcha

• 9 months later...

It's Baaaaaaaaaaack!

Hubert, Alain thanks for the kind words.....

Well, thanks to Hubert, and a gent from Icaerodesign, as well as continued bogging down of my on-going Tigercat build, I needed a change of pace, and something in a stage thay is more fun than sanding and cutting and fitting.

The little Icaerodesign kit can take care of two birds with one stone......I can also hopefully getting a SOD project moving......

So enter my Extra 330! I'll get this one off the SOD tomorrow while I put some interior green on my Tigercat.

It's Baaaaaaaaaaack!

Hubert, Alain thanks for the kind words.....

Well, thanks to Hubert, and a gent from Icaerodesign, as well as continued bogging down of my on-going Tigercat build, I needed a change of pace, and something in a stage thay is more fun than sanding and cutting and fitting.

The little Icaerodesign kit can take care of two birds with one stone......I can also hopefully getting a SOD project moving......

So enter my Extra 330! I'll get this one off the SOD tomorrow while I put some interior green on my Tigercat.

Excellent news, Brian! I've taken the liberty of moving your thread out of the GB and over here to the WiP forum.

Kev