Photo

Important Announcement for November Orders!

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:24 PM

Hi Everyone,

Many of you know I have had many orthopedic issues with my knees and ankle from old football injuries, work injuries, and and auto accident.    My right knee replacement is now 17 years old and is bad need of a revision as the doctors call it, which in English means a second total Knee replacement to my right knee, and my third total knee replacement in total.   As such I will be out of the shop from around the first of November for about three weeks if all goes well.   It could be longer if there are complications and they amputate my leg.   As things get scheduled I will revise this thread with specific dates.  I am very excited to get this done as it has been very painful the last two years, so this is a good thing for me.

During that time We will be taking orders through E bay, as Tina will be processing these and shipping products while I am recovering.   Between now and then we are stocking up on our popular items so that we have inventory, but I ask your understanding that if an item sells out that it may be a delay before I can fill it.    

If you anticipate needing an item or want to place an order, especially a specialty item, that you to order them soon to ensure that your order is filled with out holding up your build.   Direct orders will also be filled during this time, but there may be delays in getting invoices out and answering PM's and emails.

We appreciate everyones support, and look forward to your continued patronage.

Have a Great Day,

Gary

Edited by ghatherly, 13 September 2016 - 02:25 PM.

• Tony T, Big Texan, Harold and 3 others like this

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#2 nichenson

nichenson

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:53 PM

Hope all goes well for you!
  • harvey likes this

#3 BiggTim

BiggTim

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:56 PM

Good luck to you, Gary!! I hope it goes smoothly and the recovery is quick!

Tim

• harvey likes this

In progress: 1/32 Trumpy P-38L (very slowly), 1/32 Trumpy Me-109E-4, and some others.....

On deck: Can't choose between 190D-13 "Yellow 10", Hase P-47D, or Tamiya Corsair....

Completed in 2015: Hasegawa F6F-3 Hellcat, Hase Me-163 Jagerfaust , 1/16 Fokker DVII Scratchbuilt Wooden Skeleton

#4 Darren Howie

Darren Howie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 04:21 PM

Good luck Gazza!
Did you get my message re the F-4 set?
Hope all goes well!
  • harvey likes this

#5 Eli Raphael

Eli Raphael

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 04:31 PM

Best wishes on a speedy recovery, mate!

• harvey likes this

Eli Raphael
www.zotzdecals.net

"Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art."

#6 Kagemusha

Kagemusha

• LSP Moderator
  • 9,474 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:13 PM

All the very best Gary.
  • harvey likes this

#7 Smitty44

Smitty44

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:33 PM

Yes. I will be thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers!

• harvey likes this

Charlie Company, 7th Engineers Suppt Bttn, 1st FSSG, !st Mar Div

#8 Rick K

Rick K

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:10 AM

From one bionic knee to another.  Good luck and I hope the catheter is removed before you are wheeled out of the OR.

• harvey likes this

#9 ssculptor

ssculptor

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,385 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:03 AM

Best of luck with your knee replacement.

I have friends who have had knee replacements and I go in every few months for an injection of a substitute cartilage. I discovered that firemen often have knee problems and replacements. Seems that crawling on a hot, debris strewn floor of a burning building to rescue people takes its toll on their knees. 

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Stephen

• harvey likes this
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow knows!
Nyah hah hah hah hah.

#10 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:25 AM

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the kind comments and support.   Not worried about the operation at all as the medical team is the best, and this will be #27 on the surgery count so I know the routine.   I just want to make sure that you guys are taken care of during my down time.   As I mentioned I have been increasing inventory so so we should be business as usual; thanks to Tina getting orders out.

I am actually looking forward to just building for a month or so, and  hope to finally finish my F-4C WW Brain Damage, and to getting started on my F-105F and F-4B  for Omaha.  

Thanks again,

Gary

• harvey and MARU5137 like this

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

#11 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:00 AM

Good luck Gary, and i hope you can get on your feet as soon as possible with a brand new and painless knee !

• harvey likes this

Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know. :) 

Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D,  Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V

#12 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:28 PM

Good luck Gary, and i hope you can get on your feet as soon as possible with a brand new and painless knee !

Thanks,  Maybe a natural for a Pirate costume on Halloween next year!

• harvey and Zero77 like this

Many Thanks, Gary

#13 thierry laurent

thierry laurent

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,607 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:09 PM

Good luck Gary!

I hope after that, you will run as Colonel Steve Austin ;-)

• harvey likes this

#14 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:05 PM

Good luck Gary!

I hope after that, you will run as Colonel Steve Austin ;-)

Hey Thierry,

I hope so to, but not holding my breath.    With all of the testing done looks like the ankle foot is a goner.   What I will get is a new total knee and the amputation of my foot at mid calf.  .Looks like there are some pretty high tech prosthetics so I am actually looking forward to the procedure.   I will be able to Run, Bike, and Swim once again.  Trying now to finish the Shop remodel to make it more efficient, and have space for a caster besides me to work.   I am also finally finishing my modeling room  so I can get around it while recovering.  Lots of models to build!

• Zero77 likes this

Many Thanks, Gary

#15 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 11:50 PM

Gary, I had know idea you were facing this. I'm so sorry my friend. But it sounds like in the long run all will be good! I sure hope so.

Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users