• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:14 PM

After a year of development, the kit is ready and will be for sale at the IPMS Nationals, and for general sale after August 6th.

IMG_2808_zps93jycxs0.jpg

IMG_2829_zpstgtz6vst.jpg

IMG_2824_zps6voxiceg.jpg

IMG_2820_zps7uem2d7l.jpg

IMG_2812_zpsehhv5gwh.jpg

IMG_2813_zpsxqdsiwyl.jpg

IMG_2814_zpsku1kk67e.jpg

AGM-78 STD Anti-Radiation Missile Kit  $40 - The kit will consist of 28 colored resin parts, one clear resin part, decals, and instructions.  Build and USAF, USN, or FMO version of this vaunted Sam site killer.   There kit is so complete the any variant of the missile can be built.

Missile Features include:

•    Kit contains 33 high quality resin part with Instructions, decals, and extra small parts just in case!

•    Two nose sections with either the 6 dielectric sensors or 4 dielectric / Optical Sensor guidance.

•    Molded main body with main fins shaped to a razors edge.

•    Separate motor section with highly detailed fin mounts and rocket motor details.

•    Guidance fins are two parts with a base that can be rotated and fin tips you can either build  folded or deployed.

•    Separate mounting points, launch bracket, and pre-launch Arming switch.

LAU-77/80 Launch Rail Features include:

•    Molded main launch rail with Missile anti-sway brackets, connection pigtail, and incredible surface details.

•    Both rounded & box styles of Anti-Sway Pads are provided for flexibility to build the 77 or 80 rail.

•    The Main rail body includes pockets for the anti-sway pad attachment to the rail to build either rail version.

•    The anti-sway pad inserts are off-set to allow various spacing to fit the different Tamiya, Revell, or Trumpeter Pylon Spacing.

•    Two hangers are provided that mount the rail to the Aircraft Wing Pylon.

Price is $40 per kit + shipping. 

Edited by ghatherly, 30 July 2016 - 11:39 AM.

• Luca, Brandon Wood, Daniel Leduc and 6 others like this

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#2 harvey

harvey

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,043 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 03:35 PM

Noice !!....Harv
  • MARU5137 likes this

There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away
working on:  Tamiya F4U-2 Night Fighter
Trump P-38M BACK ON BENCH FINISHED!!!

#3 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 03:57 PM

wow it's really a gem! Now all of us are obliged to build an Euro1 Geasel  :punk:

Scale%20Aircraft%20Modelling%20-%20Vol%2

and let me say those Qirky decals RULEZ. One of the best aftermarket weaponry I've ever seen...

My only regret it's not have any F-105s in my stash to buy TWO/THREE pieces.

Edited by Luca, 22 July 2016 - 04:10 PM.

• Daniel Leduc, Harold, Martinnfb and 2 others like this

#4 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:43 PM

Very cool !

• Martinnfb, harvey and MARU5137 like this

Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know. :) 

Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D,  Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V

#5 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,746 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:39 PM

Gary,

They're blooming fantastic.

COOL !

:bow:
  • harvey likes this

Res Non Verba .

La calma è la virtù dei forti !

Potius Mori quam foedari.

#6 Darren Howie

Darren Howie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:31 AM

Look awesome Gazz think they are going to blow a hole in my bank account..

#7 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:58 AM

I need one but I can't go to NATS  :unsure:

#8 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:02 PM

Hi guys, thxfor the kind words. The missile sets are being introduced at the NATS, and afterwards will be available for sale to everyone. Sorry if there was any confusion here.

Thx,

Gary
  • Harold and harvey like this

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#9 petrov27

petrov27

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:36 AM

Putting one of these together this weekend for a "mini get my model mojo back" build; was curious regarding the sensor(?) rectangles that circle the front of the AGM. The decals included have these as both silver and black; are some just metal plates? Previously I thought these were all the same and would be the same color (assumed black.)

Anyone have good close ups}? I have lots of pics of the AGM but all are from far enough back that these look pretty much like black or maybe grey rectangles depending on the lighting and not much else can be seen as far as detail....

Great resin set by-the-way; just sprayed some primer on the assembled AGM minutes ago and looking good so far....

• harvey likes this

-Patrick

#10 ziggyfoos

ziggyfoos

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:50 AM

Anyone have good close ups}? I have lots of pics of the AGM but all are from far enough back that these look pretty much like black or maybe grey rectangles depending on the lighting and not much else can be seen as far as detail....

C-2 from 1972:
AGM-78.jpg

Edited by ziggyfoos, 31 August 2016 - 11:00 AM.

#11 petrov27

petrov27

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:59 PM

Thankya! going with six black rectangles I guess :)

-Patrick

#12 Tony T

Tony T

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,521 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:31 PM

Go by the drawings I did - not the painted inert missile on the box lid as seen at Dayton - as I can assure you those are reliable.

It used the same proximity sensor as Shrike. But early STD ARMs used only one or two each side (of six) and later models (barring one post war submark) merely had four dummy fuzes which were a metallic grey colour - these relied on the active optical fuze under the nose.
Trust me.

Tony

In the photo above you can see the top proximity fuze is a dummy metallic grey plate. BTW, It's not a C-2, which had two dummy grey metal plates each side and the DSU-10 optical fuze under the nose.

Edited by Tony T, 02 September 2016 - 10:37 PM.

Finally spraying again

#13 ziggyfoos

ziggyfoos

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 06:37 AM

BTW, It's not a C-2, which had two dummy grey metal plates each side and the DSU-10 optical fuze under the nose.

What is it then? The rest of the missile markings match to that identified as C-2 in the instructions posted so I assumed it was a C-2. I missed seeing the C-2 drawing only shows 4 panels with the bottom being different.

Edited by ziggyfoos, 03 September 2016 - 06:45 AM.

#14 Tony T

Tony T

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,521 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:37 AM

Hi Steve,

Most likely an A2 or B1, but fitted with three or four (out of six) Shrike proximity fuze panels. These early missiles normally looked like this, with a middle Shrike proximity fuze and upper and lower dummy metallic grey fuze panels each side:

image_115.jpeg
Sorry the photo is not mine and cropped and reproduced here for educational purposes, with apologies to the original photographer.

Or like this (rarely) each side with an upper metallic grey dummy fuze, middle live Shrike proximity fuze and the lower dummy fuze overpainted in white (probably an overhauled early missile):

image_116.jpeg
Sorry the photo is not mine and cropped and reproduced here for educational purposes, with apologies to the original photographer.

The later models with four metallic grey dummy fuzes and the DSU-10 active optical fuze underneath looked like this:

image_117.jpeg
Sorry the photo is not mine and cropped and reproduced here for educational purposes, with apologies to the original photographer. I discarded all my original files once the drawings had been completed.

HTH

Tony
  • harvey likes this
Finally spraying again

#15 petrov27

petrov27

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:06 PM

Hiya Tony - another question - was the longitudinal line on the top of most AGM or just occasionally used? Not seeing that in pics but again hardly any show the top of the AGM so ?

Thx!

• harvey likes this

-Patrick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users