Photo

GTR F-15E Wheel/tire/Dampener Set for Tamiya!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Member

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 01:06 AM

I've been following the actual aircraft that have this SATCOM dome.  It seems they have installed it on one of every three aircraft of the D and I models.  Flying in a threesome, one of the three with the dome appears to be acting as a tether to the other two, as far as comms go. Likely the ones that don't have it have an antenna someplace to receive a broadcast from the ones that do.  I'm planning on making my own if none show up by the time I build them. I'm going to be build all the models: A/B/C/D and I. I have a number of photos of the birds that have them and if you'd like to see them, let me know and I'll email them.  They're positioned right behind the cockpit bump.  The C models as yet do not have them.

#17 RNoAF

RNoAF

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:31 PM

Hmmm. I need a lot of F-15 stuff for mye F-15C and E

#18 RNoAF

RNoAF

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:52 PM

WOW!! My favorite : http://www.airliners...f8846848f06ca32

Please make the radome behind the cockpit!!!

#19 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Member

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 12:19 AM

Remember, the SATCOM dome only goes on an F-15D or an F-15I

#20 RNoAF

RNoAF

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:02 PM

What kind of air to ground weapons are the upgraded israeli F-15Ds using?

#21 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Member

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:02 AM

The IAF doesn't take a let anyone take many photos  of them loaded that I've seen. All of the photos I have are only in Air to Air configs. But they're going to not carry as much as the F-15I, nor as sophisticated. I have about 200 D model photos and a few carry what appear to be Sniper pods. Most carry CFT AND external tanks and a few have the eagle claws but that's about all that is shown in any of them. I have one shot of one carrying a really big missile of some kind on the right pylon. If you can tell me how to upload photos I can show that. It's tail # 714 and tail 706. I have a book put out by an Israel publisher I have not finished that may tell.  Oh...and that pod I thought was a snipr pod is an ELTA EW Pod it appears

Edited by thewizardofaz, 28 March 2016 - 04:14 AM.

#22 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Member

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:25 AM

I found this:http://foxtrotalpha....o-mu-1701606283

• ghatherly likes this

#23 F`s are my favs

F`s are my favs

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:37 PM

I`m glad to share an article review that i made for this awesome GTR set. And the article is on the main page of the site - i`m so happy :) Mitko just finished the video review. Enjoy.

A couple of polishing details:

- You may notice the three shimmy dampeners in the video review, but of course - there is one shimmy dampener per set.

- The ALQ-128 pod is from the set with the MISC UPGRADES, i`m only reviewing it now along with this set.

- It is not a good idea to open the cooling holes on the wheel hubs just by sanding the opposite flat sides, as it can reduce significantly from the thickness of the part and cause not the perfect fit with the adjacent part.

Thanks again Gary and GTR! 

Edited by F`s are my favs, 23 July 2016 - 01:56 PM.

• Luca and ghatherly like this

Untitled_1.jpg

#24 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:47 PM

well done Milan, a very interesting review :punk:

• F`s are my favs likes this

#25 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Member

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:32 PM

There is a guy who is preparing to offer the SATCOM domes, but is not yet ready to build in commercial quantities. He is in Europe and that's about all I can say since he asked me not to.  He has sent me a couple of the domes for use on my F-15D and F-15I. He sent me a couple of photos of them before he sent the actual pieces and if I could figure out how to add a photo or two from my desktop, I'd show them to you, but the toolbar wants a url and linking an image to my desktop won't work IIRC.

Now, regarding the IAF F-15Ds.  These are not the same as the D used by USAF.  I have several contacts in Israel who kinda keep me up to date without being arrested and thrown in jail because information on IAF/IDF weapons is strictly controlled.  One of my contacts and one publication I have, report that the IAF D models are actually E models - they start life as E models.  They have two fully equipped cockpits that duplicate front cockpit controls, which again...are not the same as USAF F-15D or F-15E.  From what I have read and been told is that the newer/est batch of D models started on the McDD/Boesing production lines as E models but have the hardware modified in Israel into the two gray Baz paint scheme and functionality.  While their F-15I are primarily mudhens and air to sea, they are fully capable air to air.  The D models on the other hand are air to air primarily but fully capable in their secondary air to ground and air to sea roles.   So...for you folks who are building a D mode, don't waste time converting a C, start with an E and go from there.  Initially, one in three F-15D or F-15I had the SATCOM dome, but I have been noticing more aircraft with them lately.  I've even seen full featured AH-64A Peten being converted back at the factory to AH-64D Seraph standards, complete with winglet  flare packs, radar dome on the mast,  and the big round SATCOM domes on the forward leading edge of the winglets, that only the D (Longbow/Seraph)

models had. 

Edited by thewizardofaz, 25 August 2016 - 11:36 PM.

#26 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Member

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 05:03 PM

Here are a couple of shots of the F-15D and F-15I SATCOM in 1/32.  The maker of these sent them to me to use. But he stipulated that I could not tell anyone who or where the pieces were made - so I won't.

https://www.flickr.c...eposted-public/

#27 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:34 PM

Hey Wizard, appreciate the enthusiasm !      Here is Babs build from the forum here, and it looks like the same dome to me?

http://forum.largesc...showtopic=62509

Good info on the D/E hybrids, but I want to clarify a couple of points on those jets.  The IAF bought these as attrition replacement airframe after the A-D line was closed and only E's were being made.   The E airframe, while externally identical for all practical purposes to the A-d's, has completely different internal structure taking advantage of new materials and CAD design and testing.   The E airframe is designed for twice the service life of the original, can carry more weight, and are only 2 seaters.  OK with the IAF as they prefer the family model, even converting old "B's " to D spec for CFT's and engines.  The highest scoring Eagle is a "D" model,  957, the same jet of missing wing landing fame!

The D/E's are the E airframe, but came the D equipment:  Engines, cockpit panel payout, landing gear/Whees/Tires/ Electronics, Radar, and such.   They did not have the E/I cockpit with the MFD's and weapons systems.   They did come with ACES II seats.

Now the IAF has upgraded all of their B's and D's into something approaching the I since they were delivered.   The important thing to remember with all of these long serving Aircraft is that they have changed considerably over time, so what you include on your model can vary greatly depending on the period you choose to build.   Current cockpit configuration is impossible to get a picture.   The F-15A-D  BAZ book that was written a while ago is an excellent source with many, many pictures.   They can be had on E bay for $50.

Hope this helps and keep the info coming!

• Luca likes this

Many Thanks, Gary

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

d2b207a4-fc22-4f15-bb7e-67e423125a3e_zps

#28 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:16 AM

Gary, we absolutely do need a IAF twin-seater (D Baz) cockpit... time to push it out on the way.

#29 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:35 AM

Gary, we absolutely do need a IAF twin-seater (D Baz) cockpit... time to push it out on the way.

One is in the works and it will be the USAF B/D configuration.
  • Daniel Leduc likes this

Many Thanks, Gary

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

d2b207a4-fc22-4f15-bb7e-67e423125a3e_zps

#30 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:48 PM

One is in the works and it will be the USAF B/D configuration.

excellent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users