Photo

GTR F-15E Wheel/tire/Dampener Set for Tamiya!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:02 AM

Thursday%20February%2011%202016_zps4ljcf

First shots of the completed Wheel/tire.   The Steering Dampener that is part of the Nose Gear will be included with this wheel set, as well as the nose Wheel/Tire for all three models.

ON a general note regarding the Strike Eagles;    We will have conversion sets for the “ Late E” US jets, IAF “I”, and the original “SA for the RSAF ready by Summer.    Other items planned for the F-15 Kits are as follows:

• Revell C/D/E kit seamless intakes

• Revell Complete exhaust with pushrods - These will be added Tamiya kits when the change is made also.

• Updated Cockpit parts for use with the kit or AIRES cockpit including control stick, throttle, Modern Antenna set, ALQ-128 pod/nodes, LAU-128/552 launchers, and fuselage vents for Tamiya F-15C,J and E.

• FAST Packs for the USAF and IAF light grays with the missile launch hangers.  These will fit both kit brands.

• F-15A back date set 

• IAF BAZ conversion set early

• IAF BAZ 2000 update

The rest of the Mud hens will be done, but are not scheduled at this time for 2016.

• Luca, geedubelyer, Rdrunner and 6 others like this

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#2 geedubelyer

geedubelyer

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:42 AM

Cool stuff Gary. I think I could make use of alot of your proposed future products.

One thing that always sticks out on the Eagles is the air between the top of the tyre and the curved portion of the nose gear leg. The bottom section of the nose gear leg where the shimmy dampener attaches is a little too long meaning there is too much daylight between the arch of the leg and the top of the tyre. I shortened the one on my second Mudhen but it gave the whole jet a crouched pose, like the pilot had hit the brakes. Maybe that is something you could add to the end of your list?

Good job, keep at it.

Cheers.

#3 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:49 PM

Other items planned for the F-15 Kits are as follows:

• FAST Packs for the USAF and IAF light grays with the missile launch hangers.  These will fit both kit brands.
  • IAF BAZ 2000 update

hi Gary, I would be very interested in a -D/Baz conversion (rear cockpit, CFTs, decals etc.)

Sky's Decals sheets are OOP from a long time...

Edited by Luca, 15 February 2016 - 01:03 PM.

#4 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:32 PM

This CAD of the wheel is lovely !

I'm pretty sure i would get one of the update set, alongside with an exhaust set and wheels for my Tamiya C. :)

Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know. :) 

Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D,  Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V

#5 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:58 PM

hi Gary, I would be very interested in a -D/Baz conversion (rear cockpit, CFTs, decals etc.)
Sky's Decals sheets are OOP from a long time...

The CE still are available from Dave Klaus's decal web site, and I have hope that sky will re-release their set once they see the conversion sets. The nice thing is that there are enough marking to build 2-3 jets, you just need more stars which are easy to find or paint.

What we need is Airdoc/Wingman/Isracast , whatever name they now use, to re issue their Baz and Ra'am decal sets.

Edited by LSP_Kevin, 25 February 2016 - 08:23 AM.

• Luca and thewizardofaz like this

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

#6 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:11 PM

Cool stuff Gary. I think I could make use of alot of your proposed future products.

One thing that always sticks out on the Eagles is the air between the top of the tyre and the curved portion of the nose gear leg. The bottom section of the nose gear leg where the shimmy dampener attaches is a little too long meaning there is too much daylight between the arch of the leg and the top of the tyre. I shortened the one on my second Mudhen but it gave the whole jet a crouched pose, like the pilot had hit the brakes. Maybe that is something you could add to the end of your list?

Good job, keep at it.

Cheers.

You are exactly right on the nose gear, infact the entire piece is wrong from the details or the mount, hydraulic resivour, and the leg being to thin. You did a fantastic job on you but led that I saw! For all of these reasons is why I scratch build the nose leg. The damper is for the kit part, since 99% of modelers will never change or modify the kit leg.

I can make a few of the corrected wheel forks available if requested, since I already make them for myself. I also have all of the missing main gear parts available as a request item.

Many Thanks, Gary

#7 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:07 PM

The CE still are available from Dave Klaus's decal web site, and I have hope that sky will re-release their set once they see the conversion sets. The nice thing is that there are enough marking to build 2-3 jets, you just need more stars which are easy to find or paint.

just ordered 1 sheet from Klaus site, thanks for the suggestion!

anyway I can't see the stylized hawk (as in the Sky's Decals sheet) on the tail  :shrug:

acapol.jpg

(I like it very much...)

anyway I'd also need a cockpit for the -D version...

Edited by Luca, 16 February 2016 - 12:09 PM.

• harvey likes this

#8 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:13 PM

I can see where my money is going for the forseeable future.

Thursday%20February%2011%202016_zps4ljcf

First shots of the completed Wheel/tire.   The Steering Dampener that is part of the Nose Gear will be included with this wheel set, as well as the nose Wheel/Tire for all three models.

ON a general note regarding the Strike Eagles;    We will have conversion sets for the “ Late E” US jets, IAF “I”, and the original “SA for the RSAF ready by Summer.    Other items planned for the F-15 Kits are as follows:

• Revell C/D/E kit seamless intakes

• Revell Complete exhaust with pushrods - These will be added Tamiya kits when the change is made also.

• Updated Cockpit parts for use with the kit or AIRES cockpit including control stick, throttle, Modern Antenna set, ALQ-128 pod/nodes, LAU-128/552 launchers, and fuselage vents for Tamiya F-15C,J and E.

• F-15A back date set 

• IAF BAZ 2000 update

The rest of the Mud hens will be done, but are not scheduled at this time for 2016.

#9 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:17 PM

I've been after sky for over 2 years now to get that tail eagle landing  on all but my F-15A builds. His 1/48 sets have it but the 1/32 does not.  Sammy always says "soon" but he never produces.  That eagle was added when the IAF put each aircraft through the Improved Baz program, so in theory there should be none left without them. Does this Klaus have a website? I'd really like to get some variation for my F-15 fleet build (A/B/C/D/I)

just ordered 1 sheet from Klaus site, thanks for the suggestion!

anyway I can't see the stylized hawk (as in the Sky's Decals sheet) on the tail  :shrug:

acapol.jpg

(I like it very much...)

anyway I'd also need a cockpit for the -D version...

• Luca and harvey like this

#10 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:48 PM

What will the A back date set include? I was under the impression that it was a number of small, internal things. It's taking so long to find/not find the right 1/32 decals that by the time I do, I'll have to buy all of them ;)

#11 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:20 PM

Does this Klaus have a website? I'd really like to get some variation for my F-15 fleet build (A/B/C/D/I)

here it is :-)

http://www.fineartof...ls.com/goodies/

(the F-15 1/32 Baz sheet is at the bottom end of the page...)

regards

Edited by Luca, 17 February 2016 - 08:21 PM.

#12 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:09 PM

Steering Dampener:

Wednesday%20February%2017%202016_zpsb2l3

Shimmy%20Damper_zpsbg1pmld6.jpg

Steering Dampener will be a standard part of the F-15 Strike Eagle tire sets.

• Rdrunner, Out2gtcha and F`s are my favs like this

Many Thanks, Gary

#13 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:59 AM

The only question is....when? HA! looks great Gary.

Chuck

#14 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 02:31 PM

With in the next month if all goes as planned.

Many Thanks, Gary

#15 88phantom

88phantom

• LSP_Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:34 PM

Hey Gary,

To go along with the Israeli F-15 sets, how about the dome located behind the cockpit on some F-15D and F-15I jets? I haven't seen a detailed pic but noticed that Great Wall has included it on their new 1/48 F-15I.

West

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users